Reportedly refusing to pass an order, the Supreme Court has said Congress leader P chidambaram's plea challenging the delhi High Court order dismissing his petition for pre-arrest bail in the INX media case will be put before the CJI to consider for urgent listing. Meanwhile the CBI, meanwhile, continues its efforts to locate P chidambaram even as the former Union finance minister's legal team asked the agency not to take any coercive action against him and the ED has also issued a lookout notice against chidambaram.
Furthermore the legal team is currently in consultation room (SC) waiting to hear from the registry if the CJI has passed any orders on the listing of chidambaram’s plea. chidambaram's team makes a statement "We have been protected since May, 2018 in CBI case and July, 2018 in ED case. We want the matter to be heard. I should not be arrested till the matter is heard."
Moreover in his plea to the Supreme Court, chidambaram has said that the high court order denying him bail is unjust and against the law. Perhaps the plea mentions that none of the three grounds to deny bail were made out: there is no allegation that the petitioner [chidambaram] is likely to flee justice; or that the petitioner is likely to influence the witnesses; or that the petitioner is likely to tamper with the evidence. Apparently the legal team of chidambaram said the notice did not mention the specific provision of law under which he was summoned and asked not to take any coercive action against him till his petition comes for hearing in the Supreme Court Wednesday morning.
Girls won the College Management in dress code issue Reportedly St Francis College for Women at Begumpet has placed a weird dress code rule for its students asking them to wear below knee-length Kurtis last week. Also, no sleeveless was allowed, making any dress that shows skin is banned from premises. This new policy on dress code, all of a sudden, made students feel that it is regressive and backward.
- Make-up artist who modified face of 32 year as an old man arrested
- Kamal Hassan posted a video opposing Amit Shah's move
- PM Modi addressed the nation during visit to Gujarat on 69th birthday
- Indian rupee fell 28 paise to 71.88 against US Dollar
- Malala Yousafzai urged UN to work towards peace in Kashmir
- Hundreds of Butterflies released by PM Modi on his Birthday
- AP CM Jagan announces Rs.10 Lakh ex-gratia for Andhra Boat tragedy victims
- Why Former TDP Leader Kodela Siva Prasad committed suicide?
- New Doubt: Kodela's Mobile Phone Missing
- On account of Aramco Refinery attack, Petrol & Diesel price may rise to Rs.5-6 per liter
- Kerala Transport Minister pens to Union Minister about increase in fines
- Will there be Lorry strike in Tamilnadu on September 19 due to hefty fines?
- PM Modi sought public to share ideas for September 22 speech at Houston 'Howdy Modi'
- New Version of Narendra Modi App launched ahead of PM Modis Birthday
- How does PM Narendra Modi's Report Card reads on his Birthday?