According to a press release by the Ministry of Home Affairs the high- level committee headed by Union Home Minister amit shah has approved an additional central assistance to 3 states which experienced natural disasters in 2018. A total of Rs 4432.10 crore has been approved for Karnataka, Himachal Pradesh and Odisha. Meanwhile for Karnataka, which experienced drought last year, Rs 1029.39 crore has been approved by the committee.
Further, Rs 3338.22 crore was allocated to Odisha for the devastating cyclone Fani which hit the state in April 2019 and Rs 64.49 crore was announced for Himachal Pradesh, which saw landslides and avalanches. Apparently an amount of Rs 668 crore was released in advance from the SDRF to other disaster hit states such as Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal, the press release announced. The MHA Press release confirmed “This additional assistance is over and above the funds released by the Centre to the states in the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) already placed at the disposal of the States. During 2018-19, the Centre had released Rs 9568 crore to all states and during 2019-20, till date the centre has released Rs 6104 to 24 states from SDRF".
Moreover the committee also decided to immediately constitute and dispatch Inter Ministerial Central Teams (IMCTs) to assess the damage caused to 11 states, including kerala, which witnessed heavy rains and floods in 2019.
Sonia Gandhi & Manmohan Singh visited Tihar Jail to see P Chidambaram New Delhi sources stated that Congress president Sonia Gandhi and former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh arrived at Tihar jail to meet former union minister P Chidambaram on Monday. Meanwhile Chidambaram's son Karti Chidambaram also arrived at the jail to meet his father today and Chidambaram was arrested by the CBI on 21 August and is at present in judicial custody in Tihar Jail.
- Land acquisition for Salur bypass speeded up
- Big eye-screening drive across the state from Oct 10
- Reverse tendering has exposed TDP govts corruption: Anil Kumar
- Andhra Pradesh govt serves fresh notice for removal of bungalow being used by Chandrababu Naidu
- Security to be enhanced further at RGIA
- Petrol price hiked by 27 paise to Rs 73.62 a litre in Delhi
- At Howdy Modi Event Modi called US President Trump his true friend
- Dams are 85% full in India owing to good monsoon rainfall
- Owaisi slams center on slashing corporate tax
- Petrol burns a hole in the pocket, price raised for six consecutive days.
- Is Online Movie ticket sales banned in Telangana?
- Will traffic fines be reduced in Kerala?
- Will AP former CM CBNs house be demolished within 7 days?
- Next Moon Mission by ISRO by 2020
- Why Imran Khan reached US in Saudi Prince's Special aircraft?