Reportedly former Finance Minister P chidambaram is facing arrest in the INX media case and has moved the Supreme Court against delhi High Court order on Tuesday, quashing his anticipatory bail plea. Meanwhile the delhi High Court while rejecting his anticipatory bail on August 20 stated that the former Finance Minister was the "kingpin i.e key conspirator" in the INX media case and called it a classic case of money laundering.
Furthermore the case dates back to May 2017, when the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) filed an FIR alleging irregularities in Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) clearance to the INX Media company. Further the CBI accused the company of receiving overseas funds to the tune of Rs 305 crore in 2007 when P chidambaram was the Union Finance Minister and the CBI stated that in order to avoid punitive action for this violation, the media group entered into a 'criminal conspiracy' with Karti chidambaram, knowing that his father was the then Finance Minister of india.
Apparently the agency also stated that by virtue of the influence exercised over them by Karti chidambaram, the then Finance Ministry "not only ignored the serious illegality on the part of INX Media (P) on both the counts (on unapproved and unauthorized downstream investment and on excess foreign inflow received) but also deliberately embarked on showing undue favor to the INX group by abusing their official position."
PM Modi confident that Howdy Modi will develop new ties between India & US Reportedly ahead of his departure for the United States to attend the 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday said his upcoming visit would further cement bilateral ties between India and the United States and hoped for a stronger partnership between the world’s oldest and largest democracies.
- P Chidambaram complaints about various ailments, No Chair No Pillow in Tihar Jail
- Transferring Money through IMPS is the Best Platform across Globe
- Nirmala Seetharaman to slash corporate tax rate for Domestic Firms
- Image of 'dune fields' covering surface during winter looks like ice cream
- Pon Radhakrishnan advocated for recognition of Tamil as national language
- Skeletal body found in Nagarjuna's Farm House been traced
- Singareni Collieries Workers Diwali gift from Telangana CM
- Houston weather update ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Howdy Modi
- Why this TN Man garlanded Periyar poster with slippers & throw Cow dung on it?
- State moves to stall auction of prime Jagir land in Hafeezpet
- Uber ride request not been fulfilled during peak hours in Bengaluru
- Exempt from court presence: Jagan
- Parents of CBIT students take fee woes to panel
- T govt welcomes FMs steps on economy
- Cong infighting continues, more leaders support Uttam