Latest report confirms that Swiggy and Zomato have been able to keep most other competitors in the Indian online food delivery business at bay, narrowing down the fight to just the two of them. Reportedly Amazon may target a diwali launch from Bangalore and take it beyond in steps. Perhaps the giant retailer is currently engaged in understanding the business and its teams are spreading out learning the nuances of the trade from the restaurants and cloud kitchens already associated with Swiggy and Zomato.
Moreover the challenge here for Amazon is to lure those popular restaurants which have signed up with the two top players on exclusive bases and this is precisely what Amazon is trying to do now. Apparently the business will be called ‘Amazon Restaurant’ and Amazon is trying to assure the restaurants that they will be able to land more orders with their service. Further the aggregators are getting 15 to 17% from the restaurants and reportedly Amazon has a two-hour delivery model Prime Now, which will be used to build this food delivery business. Amazon plans to expand this model to include medicines and beauty products, going ahead.
Meanwhile for the record, the cloud kitchens being contacted for a possible tie-up are Fresh Menu, Rebel Foods, Food panda and Eat.Fit and in the category of restaurants, McDonald’s, Domino’s and KFC are some of the players.
Nationwide strike by Tamilnadu Truckers against MV Act According to sources truckers in the Salem-Namakkal belt, who form the bulk of lorry and truck operators in Tamilnadu on Thursday struck work in response to the nationwide call by commercial vehicles transport operators to protest the exorbitant fines and other penal provisions under the newly amended Motor Vehicles (MV) Act enacted by the Central government.
- Is banning banner culture not an easy task in Tamilnadu?
- PM Modi confident that Howdy Modi will develop new ties between India & US
- P Chidambaram complaints about various ailments, No Chair No Pillow in Tihar Jail
- Transferring Money through IMPS is the Best Platform across Globe
- Nirmala Seetharaman to slash corporate tax rate for Domestic Firms
- Image of 'dune fields' covering surface during winter looks like ice cream
- Pon Radhakrishnan advocated for recognition of Tamil as national language
- Skeletal body found in Nagarjuna's Farm House been traced
- Singareni Collieries Workers Diwali gift from Telangana CM
- Houston weather update ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Howdy Modi
- Why this TN Man garlanded Periyar poster with slippers & throw Cow dung on it?
- State moves to stall auction of prime Jagir land in Hafeezpet
- Uber ride request not been fulfilled during peak hours in Bengaluru
- Exempt from court presence: Jagan
- Parents of CBIT students take fee woes to panel