As per report the troubled private airline Jet Airways may go into liquidation since no serious offer has been received for the airline that has run up huge debts and its operations have been shut for over four months and there were some expressions of interest received by the Committee of Creditors (CoC) and the resolution professional (RP). However, most of them either withdrew or conveyed their decision not to pursue with the case.
Furthermore some of the serious contenders were Etihad Airline which already had an association with Jet Airways under Naresh Goyal. Meanwhile the Vedanta Group’s Volcan Investments was another company that showed interest but backed out and apart from these there were hardly any proposals worth being taken up at the level of CoC.
Moreover in terms of the timeframe, the judge hearing the Jet Airways case had given a 90-day window to the CoC to find a buyer for the airline and this was in June and that 90-day period gets over in the next few days. The creditors are expected to meet shortly and as on date it appears the only option in front of them will be to bind the airline over for insolvency. Presently the question that many interested observers are asking is what happens to the creditors are not of Indian origin and whether they would be bound by the running of the National Company Law Tribunal in such matters?
YSR Congress Still Enjoying Cordial Relations with BJP in Delhi? Even though the State BJP Leaders are after the State Government with daggers, it looks like BJP and YSR Congress are having cordial relations at the Center. YSR Congress Rajya Sabha MP V Vijayasai Reddy has been appointed as the chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee, Commerce. This is an example of that.
- Is Swami Chinmayananad ready for SIT questioning?
- PM Modi makes his visit to US from September 21 to 27
- HC orders for ex-gratia of Rs.5 Lakh to family of Subhashree
- Is Jet Airways insolvency case moving in positive direction?
- Will PM Modi accept suggestions given by Manmohan Singh in reviving economy?
- MK Stalin asks DMK members not to put hoardings after death of Subhashree
- Will there be indefinite strike by Bank Unions?
- What Revanth Reddy thinks about Pawan Kalyan?
- P Chidambaram moved an application to surrender to ED in INX media case
- 5 Acres of Land gifted to PV Sindhu by AP CM Jagan Mohan Reddy
- PM Modi inaugurated Series of Welfare Schemes at Ranchi
- UK Work Visa Rule relaxed for Indian students
- 23 year old techie, run over by tanker after an AIADMK hoarding fell on her
- 5% Tariff hike on Chinese imports imposed by Trump
- DDCA renamed Feroz Shah Kotla stadium