Reportedly Unique Identification Authority of india (UIDAI) aka Aadhaar is a one stop card of an Indian citizen to know about this status be it financial or any other stuff. Meanwhile after its inception, the central government has asked the citizens to link it with bank account, phone number, welfare schemes and others for security and transparency reasons. Currently as per report Aadhaar might get linked with social media.
Furthermore Tamilnadu government is demanding to link social media with Aadhaar and filed a petition accordingly in Tamilnadu High court. Meanwhile not just the TN sarkar, three more Public Interest Litigation (PIL) were lodged at Madhya Pradesh and Bombay High Court. Facebook has approached Supreme Court of india, when refused to do so. Further TN government in its petition said that due to WhatsApp, Facebook and Twitter hatred is spreading which is leading to violent incidents and cited many such crimes that happened during the last few years.
Moreover advocate on behalf of TN government said that social media must be linked to Aadhaar. Perhaps this will reduce the use of explicit content, terrorist activities and also the culprits can be caught in quick time, added the advocate. Hence reputed lawyers Mukul Rohatgi and Kabil Sibal argued on behalf of Facebook in the Supreme Court. Apparently phone number and E-mail are alternatives for identification of user and moreover, respective state High Courts have no authority to take a call on linking of Aadhaar and social media and it is completely Supreme Court's call. Finally after hearing the arguments from both the side, the apex court has served notices to the central government, Google, Facebook and Twitter and the case has been postponed to further hearing on September 13th.
Pon Radhakrishnan advocated for recognition of Tamil as national language Chennai sources stated that as the controversy over Home Minister Amit Shah's remarks refuses to die down, BJP leader Pon Radhakrishnan on Friday advocated for recognition of Tamil as the national language. He told "My wish as a Tamilian is that we develop our language and if we improve the status of our language and if it is spread across all states, then Tamil can also become a national language".
- Singareni Collieries Workers Diwali gift from Telangana CM
- Skeletal body found in Nagarjuna's Farm House been traced
- Image of 'dune fields' covering surface during winter looks like ice cream
- Nirmala Seetharaman to slash corporate tax rate for Domestic Firms
- Jagan Trying to Take Revenge on Pawan Kalyan
- Jagan and KCR to Meet After Three Months Gap
- Telangana planning to declare 2020 as AI Year
- Nirmala Seetharaman said Centre asked PSBs to Lend More
- How Sekhar Reddy Managed To Comeback to TTD Board?
- Transferring Money through IMPS is the Best Platform across Globe
- Andhra Pradesh boat accident: Toll reaches 11 after tourist vessel capsized in Godavari River; rescue ops to resume today
- Naidu requests CBI test in conditions prompting ex-Andhra Pradesh speaker's suicide
- Now (SCCL) Telangana company is giving Rs 1.01 lakh Dussera bonus to every employee
- CHANCES OF HEAVY RAINS OVER TELANGANA AND ANDHRA PRADESH TODAY
- A student ended up in a hospital after a Jackpot scuffle in 652 357 rupees.