Reportedly the CBI has expanded the probe against former finance minister P chidambaram, bringing under its ambit foreign investment clearances given to companies other than INX media during his tenure. Meanwhile the CBI suspects that Chidamabaram and his son Karti also received kickbacks from other companies to facilitate foreign investment clearances through the FIPB route which necessitates the former minister's custodial interrogation.
Meanwhile Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, G Kishan Reddy has said that the case against chidambaram will take its own course of action. Perhaps the Union Minister condemned the comments of the congress, claiming that the BJP is indulging in vendetta politics. Further Kishan Reddy said that there is no role of the government or the BJP with regard to chidambaram’s arrest.
Moreover a CBI spokesperson earlier said chidambaram was arrested on the basis of a warrant issued by a competent court. Sources said after his arrest, doctors from the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital conducted his medical examination at the CBI headquarters. chidambaram was kept overnight in the No. 5 suite of the CBI Guest House on the ground floor of the agency headquarters. CBI Got chidambaram's Custody because allegations against chidambaram are serious, case requires in-depth and detailed investigation, money trail needs to be ascertained, enormity of money require in-depth probe and custodial interrogation may be useful and fruitful.
Telangana outsmarts Andhra Pradesh in innovation Telangana is adjusted as 4th most innovative state overall in the country, it has outsmarted neighbouring state Andhra comprehensively, the latter state stood at 10th position according to NITI Aayog annual report. NITI (National institute of Transforming India) Aayog has released its annual report of Innovation index ranking to the states, according to the report, Telangana state is at 4th position overall in the country, Karnataka clinched first position, followed by Tamil Nadu, and Maha
- Pawan Kalyan Chalo Vizag on November 3rd
- Public sector banks planned for a strike on October 22
- Janasena MLA seeking to jump ship to YSRCP ?
- Normal life hit in Hyderabad due to RTC shutdown
- Stamp on HDFC Bank passbook caused panic among many customers
- IT leaves the DOTs without connect in statement!
- Chennai Metro hiked tanker price
- 60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases?
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil