Reportedly the CBI has expanded the probe against former finance minister P chidambaram, bringing under its ambit foreign investment clearances given to companies other than INX media during his tenure. Meanwhile the CBI suspects that Chidamabaram and his son Karti also received kickbacks from other companies to facilitate foreign investment clearances through the FIPB route which necessitates the former minister's custodial interrogation.
Meanwhile Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, G Kishan Reddy has said that the case against chidambaram will take its own course of action. Perhaps the Union Minister condemned the comments of the congress, claiming that the BJP is indulging in vendetta politics. Further Kishan Reddy said that there is no role of the government or the BJP with regard to chidambaram’s arrest.
Moreover a CBI spokesperson earlier said chidambaram was arrested on the basis of a warrant issued by a competent court. Sources said after his arrest, doctors from the Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital conducted his medical examination at the CBI headquarters. chidambaram was kept overnight in the No. 5 suite of the CBI Guest House on the ground floor of the agency headquarters. CBI Got chidambaram's Custody because allegations against chidambaram are serious, case requires in-depth and detailed investigation, money trail needs to be ascertained, enormity of money require in-depth probe and custodial interrogation may be useful and fruitful.
KCR & Jagan's next Face to Face meeting is on September 24 Sources from Telangana stated that CM KCR and AP CM YS Jagan are likely to meet on September 24th over issues pertaining to the Telugu states. Meanwhile the agenda of this meeting is the interlinking of rivers and addressing the remaining bifurcation issues. Hence along with the CMs, irrigation officials of both the states and other officials are expected to participate.
- Why Youth Congress protested near FMs house over economic crisis?
- Ola to give health insurance to its Driver partners
- Nationwide strike by Tamilnadu Truckers against MV Act
- Is banning banner culture not an easy task in Tamilnadu?
- PM Modi confident that Howdy Modi will develop new ties between India & US
- P Chidambaram complaints about various ailments, No Chair No Pillow in Tihar Jail
- Transferring Money through IMPS is the Best Platform across Globe
- Nirmala Seetharaman to slash corporate tax rate for Domestic Firms
- Image of 'dune fields' covering surface during winter looks like ice cream
- Pon Radhakrishnan advocated for recognition of Tamil as national language
- Skeletal body found in Nagarjuna's Farm House been traced
- Singareni Collieries Workers Diwali gift from Telangana CM
- Houston weather update ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Howdy Modi
- Why this TN Man garlanded Periyar poster with slippers & throw Cow dung on it?
- State moves to stall auction of prime Jagir land in Hafeezpet