Reports stated that according to data from the country's space agency the Amazon rainforest in brazil is experiencing a record amount of fires this year more than 74,000 outbreaks so far an 84% increase from the same period in 2018. Meanwhile the National Institute for Space Research (IPNE) said it detected more than 74,000 fires between January 1 and August 20 the highest since it began recording in 2013. Accordingly there have been more than 9,500 forest fires since August 15, mostly in the Amazon region.
Furthermore in response to growing international pressure to deal with this crisis, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, who had initially said that some non-governmental organizations had started the fire after the government withdrew their funding, he later said that farmers could be responsible for starting the fires.
Perhaps NGO Greenpeace said that the wildfires were so intense that smoke loomed over the city of Sao Paulo, more than a thousand miles away, plunging the city into literal darkness around 3 pm local time on August 19. Moreover the satellite images also showed brazil's most northern state, Roraima, covered in dark smoke, while neighboring Amazonas state declared an emergency over the fires.
Bathukamma saree distribution starts in Telangana The flagship scheme of distributing sarees on bathukamma festival is initiative of KCR to gift sarees to the women of Telangana, as well as to strengthen financial condition of weavers.IT and textile minister KT Rama rao said that, by ordering one crore sarees for distribution on bathukamma festival has strengthened the financial condition of weavers in the state. He also said,government is mulling on idea of placing order for uniforms of singereni collieries and TSRTC to weavers, so that their
- Man fell in open storm water drain in Hyderabad
- Why Jagan has worried on EENADU story?
- PM Narendra Modi this gesture surprised many
- Phone Booths restored in Kashmir
- Ex-Officials slams Sivan as ISRO Changes success rates of Chandrayaan 2 everyday
- 71st Emmy Awards saw numerous nods to stars from across the pond
- Will 5G bring better experiences for smart phone users in future?
- Thomas Cook Company moves to compulsory liquidation with immediate effect
- Will banner culture be eliminated in Tamilnadu after death of Subhasri?
- Traffic fines reduced as per MV Act by Karnataka Govt
- Will Chennai get a new airport due to heavy Air Traffic?
- വിദേശ രാജ്യങ്ങളിൽ പ്രധാനമന്ത്രി നരേന്ദ്രമോദി ബഹുമാനം അർഹിക്കുന്നു: ശശി തരൂർ
- Will Corporate tax rate cut likely to attract Foreign firms to India?
- Countdown Begins to Demolish Chandrababu's House
- Vizag MLAs gave clear SAND picture to Vijayasai Reddy!