Reports stated that according to data from the country's space agency the Amazon rainforest in brazil is experiencing a record amount of fires this year more than 74,000 outbreaks so far an 84% increase from the same period in 2018. Meanwhile the National Institute for Space Research (IPNE) said it detected more than 74,000 fires between January 1 and August 20 the highest since it began recording in 2013. Accordingly there have been more than 9,500 forest fires since August 15, mostly in the Amazon region.
Furthermore in response to growing international pressure to deal with this crisis, Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro, who had initially said that some non-governmental organizations had started the fire after the government withdrew their funding, he later said that farmers could be responsible for starting the fires.
Perhaps NGO Greenpeace said that the wildfires were so intense that smoke loomed over the city of Sao Paulo, more than a thousand miles away, plunging the city into literal darkness around 3 pm local time on August 19. Moreover the satellite images also showed brazil's most northern state, Roraima, covered in dark smoke, while neighboring Amazonas state declared an emergency over the fires.
Astra an indigenous Visual Range Missile successfully test-fired by IAF Reportedly the Indian Air Force on Monday successfully flight tested air to air missile Astra off the coast of Odisha. Meanwhile the Ministry of Defense said in a statement the missile was launched from Su-30 MKI as a part of User trials. "The live aerial target was engaged accurately demonstrating the capability of the first indigenous air to air missile".
- Onion prices goes up in Delhi
- Mamata Banerjee scheduled to meet PM Modi in Delhi today
- Son and Daughter have decided to fight with YSRCP!
- Believe it or not Rs 6 lakh electricity bill for metal roof shed in Telangana
- Latest update on Godavari boat mishap: 10 more bodies retrieved from river.
- Amazon builds largest campus in Hyderabad, as big as 65 football grounds with 49 elevators.
- Uber cabbie sings song for passenger, video is going viral insanely
- No uranium mining in Nallamalla forest reserve: TS assembly passes resolution
- Many tourists refused to wear life jackets in Godavari boat tragedy
- Ex speaker of Andhra pradesh assembly Kodela siva prasad rao commits suicide
- Active SW monsoon to give heavy rains in Telangana: IMD
- Telangana's new liquor policy is expected to be released within two to three days
- A survivor recalled terrific Godavari boat tragedy
- Girls won the College Management in dress code issue
- Make-up artist who modified face of 32 year as an old man arrested