Washington sources stated President Donald Trump has said the US and china will "very shortly" resume trade talks after a weekend of escalating tension with Beijing. He said "china called last night said let's get back to the table. So we'll be getting back to the table”. Previously on Friday Mr Trump sharply hiked tariffs on billions of dollars of Chinese imports in retaliation for fresh duties from Beijing.
Meanwhile china said it was unaware of any recent telephone call with the US on trade and the US is trying to force Beijing to reform its trade practices, arguing that American firms face an uneven playing field due to issues such as intellectual property theft. Furthermore US allies have pressured Mr Trump at the G7 summit in france, warning that the trade war is threatening the global economy.
Moreover the moves came after china delivered its latest trade war strike, announcing plans to hit $75bn worth of US goods with new tariffs and hikes to existing duties and in Beijing, foreign ministry spokesman Geng Shuang said he had not heard that talks were about to re-start. But he said "We strongly urge the US not to miscalculate the situation and immediately cease its wrong actions. If the US implements its plan of raising tariffs, china will definitely continue to take measures and safeguard its own legitimate rights. china does not accept any threats or intimidation."
Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally? As per report the Congress' sudden and unexplained cancellation of Sonia Gandhi's rally at Mahendragarh in Haryana this afternoon and subsequent deletion of the tweet related to it, has become fodder in the hands of speculators. Meanwhile this was to be her first public rally after returning to the post of party president in August.
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority
- BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations