Former Chief Minister Ajit Jogi was recently declared not as a tribal and now Janata Congress leader Amit Jogi was arrested in a fake certificate case from his residence in Bilaspur. He was arrested with huge police protection as there was a huge protest from his supporters who raised the slogans outside his house and the cops.
Amit said this was just an act of revenge by the Baghel-led government to stop him from campaigning from the upcoming polls in Dantewada. He has been accused of offering false information about his dual citizenship in the election affidavit.
The complaint against Amit was filed by BJP leader Sameera Paikra, the BJP candidate from Marwahi in the 2013 assembly polls. He has been booked under section 420 of the Indian Penal Code. Ajit Jodi who met the media said, "Everyone knows that Amit was born in America and the High Court has already offered him relief in the place of birth row." He also added that he would take legal action against everyone who is involved in this and he confessed this is just a fake case.
Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News? Vijayawada sources stated that the state government believes that it is imperative for news pertaining to various government departments needs to be accurate, without any distortion, slant or prejudice. Meanwhile a day after the government decided to empower department secretaries to file cases in courts against false news, government sources said on Thursday said the Cabinet has resolved to give impetus on a free flow of information with accuracy and objectivity.
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations
- NorthEast Monsoon finally arrived South India
- Why Sourav Ganguly met Amit Shah a day before emerging as BCCI president?
- Will BJPs Abhe Singh Yadav retain constituency in Haryana Assembly Elections?
- CM KCR been cornered to the core in RTC strike issue