Reportedly after taking a leaf out of Maharashtra and Gujarat, Karnataka government led by Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa has decided to reduce the newly introduced traffic fines as per the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019. Meanwhile the law was passed by both the Houses of Parliament with three major amendments recently.
Accordingly to the CM’s office, Yeddyurappa during a review meeting asked Transport Minister Laxman Savadi to look at the steps taken by the Maharashtra and Gujarat governments to give relief to citizens affected by the new fines. In some cases, the fines have increased 10 times, proving too exorbitant for violators. An official told "Chief Minister Yeddyurappa insisted that the fine amount be reduced to ensure that the common man can afford it. He has asked the Transport Department to get copies of government orders issued in this regard from Gujarat and Maharashtra and then come up with updated fines".
Moreover the Motor Vehicles Act was passed by the union government and amendments were made to it because ‘Mechanically Propelled Vehicles’ is a subject under the concurrent list of the Constitution. Perhaps this means that both the union and the state governments can make and amend laws on the subject and state governments can also take a call on the law, states like Gujarat, Maharashtra and now Karnataka, have the power to change the fines if they want to.
Hindu Dental College student found dead in hostel in Pakistan Karachi sources stated that a media report said on Tuesday Pakistani Hindu dental college student was found dead in her hostel room in Pakistan's Sindh province with a rope tied to her neck. Reportedly Namrita Chandni, a final year student of Bibi Asifa Dental College in Larkana district, was found lying on a cot by her friends on Monday with a rope tied to her neck and her room locked from inside.
- Collector ordered for heavy penalties for throwing garbage on road
- Police Intercepts Kodela's Last Call, More Doubts
- Jagan Government's Appointments in TTD Board Creates Uproar
- Kodela's Son, Shivaram to be Interrogated
- How Brain eating Amoeba entered 10 year Girl while swimming in Texas River?
- Chennai Man died after electric pole fell on him while feeding street dogs
- No Truth in 19 Cases on Kodela
- Chennai to receive rainfall for next 48 hours
- Heavy rains lashed Andhra Pradesh's Rayalaseema region disrupted normal life
- ISRO tweeted a thank for all the support it received from Vikram Lander
- Astra an indigenous Visual Range Missile successfully test-fired by IAF
- Onion prices goes up in Delhi
- Mamata Banerjee scheduled to meet PM Modi in Delhi today
- Son and Daughter have decided to fight with YSRCP!
- Believe it or not Rs 6 lakh electricity bill for metal roof shed in Telangana