Reportedly a delhi court on Friday dismissed the surrender application of former Union Minister P chidambaram. Meanwhile the Congress leader, who is currently lodged in Tihar jail after he was arrested by the CBI in the INX media case, had moved an application to surrender to the Enforcement Directorate in the same case and chidambaram will continue to remain in jail till September.
Currently chidambaram is under probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and ED over alleged irregularities in the FIPB clearance granted to INX Media for receiving overseas funds of Rs 305 crore in 2007 during his tenure as Union Finance Minister. Earlier on Wednesday, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) questioned his personal staff and the ED suspects chidambaram and his son Karti chidambaram of owning several immovable properties and over 16 bank accounts in other countries, which they are trying to identify to trace the money trail.
Moreover chidambaram and his son were named in the case by INX Media co-founders Peter and Indrani Mukerjea, who are currently in jail in mumbai in connection with the murder of Indrani's daughter Sheena Bora and the CBI alleges that in order to wiggle out of the situation without any punitive action, INX Media entered into a criminal conspiracy with P chidambaram’s son Karti chidambaram. Karti too stands accused of receiving kickbacks in exchange for his influence.
Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below? Reportedly Mother D airy will sell tomatoes at Rs 55 per kg or below through its Safal retail outlets across the national capital region to provide relief to consumers, the government said on Friday after reviewing the prices of essential commodities. Presently tomatoes are available at Rs 60-80 per kg in the
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil
- Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority
- BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra