Reportedly four bank Unions have threatened to go on indefinite strike from the second week of November to oppose "merger and amalgamations in the banking sector." Perhaps the four organizations All india Bank Officers' Confederation (AIBOC), All india Bank Officers' Association (AIBOA), Indian National Bank Officers' Congress (INBOC), National Organization Of Bank Officers (NOBO) have also threatened a two day strike from September 25 to September 27.
Meanwhile in a letter to Chairman, Indian Banks' Association, dated September 12 and undersigned by the general secretaries of the four organizations, they said, "In accordance with the provisions contained in sub-section (1) of Section 22 of the Industrial Dispute Act 1947, we hereby give you notice that 4 Officers' Trade Union Organizations as stated above, propose to go on continuous strike from midnight of 25th September to midnight of 27th September 2019 and indefinite strike from the second week of November 2019."
Moreover the other demands listed by the Unions include adequate recruitment, scrapping NPS and reintroduction of Defined Pension Payment Scheme, Reduction of service charges for customers and Stopping of harassment of Officers under specious plea of non-performance.
ED arrested P Chidambaram in INX Media Case New Delhi sources stated that the Enforcement Directorate has arrested former finance minister P Chidambaram in the INX Media case, a day after a Delhi court allowed the agency to take him into custody. Meanwhile ED sleuths reached Tihar Jail on Wednesday to grill the 74-year-old Congress leader who has been in prison since September 5 after the CBI finished questioning him in the case and he was first taken into custody
- SC concludes hearing in Ayodhya land dispute case
- Giving all public sector banks a "lifeline" is today her primary duty: Nirmala Sitharaman
- PM Modi called opposition parties 'shameless' during campaigning for Maharashtra Assembly polls
- Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati?
- US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday
- How the Babri masjid action committee come into existence
- Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks
- Is TN State Govt owned Milk Cooperative Aavin is under scam?