Accordingly a day after 23 year old Chennai techie Subhasri was killed in a road accident after an illegal flex board fell on her, the Madras High Court on Friday directed the Tamilnadu government and the Chennai Corporation to take disciplinary action against officials who failed to take action against the erection of such hoardings. Meanwhile the High Court also ordered that investigation reports be filed by the St Thomas Mount police, and the Corporation. It also directed Chennai Police Commissioner to monitor the investigations.
Furthermore the division bench comprising of Justice Seshasayee and Sathyanarayanan also ordered the state government to pay an interim compensation of Rs 5 lakh to Subhasri’s family. Perhaps the court observed that the money be recovered from those officials who failed to prevent the illegal flex boards from coming up.
The order reads “The state government is directed to pay an interim compensation of Rs 5 lakhs to the father of the victim girl. It is open to recover the same from the concerned officials who may be found guilty of negligence, infractions and inaction of the relevant rules, laws, regulations, directions and orders. Commissioner of Police has to monitor the investigation of the two cases filed in the above regard. Pallikaranai and St Thomas Mount police stations traffic wing has to file status report as to the progress of investigation”.
Jagan Insulted by the Central Government? YSR Congress party president and Andhra Pradesh chief minister Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy had been to New Delhi on Monday on a two-day tour has recovered a cold response from the Central Government. Jagan had to wait for one full day to get the appointment of Union home minister and BJP national president Amit Shah.
- Telangana police seizes AP CM Jagan Car
- First bitter experience for Jagan as Chief Minister at Delhi!
- Reliable Survey Agency about Huzurnagar Result
- AP Farmers exchanges Vegetables for plastic bags
- AIMPLB moves to court seeking no jail term for triple Talaq
- 52 Kgs of Plastic removed from Cow's stomach in TN
- PMC bank scam claims another life in Maharashtra
- Donald Trump humiliated NASA astronauts at ISS for being "first ever female spacewalkers"
- Did Kiran Bedi attempt to give away part of Puducherry to AP?
- IRCTC pays compensation for late running of Tejas Express
- Exit polls predicted comfortable win for BJP in Maharashtra & Haryana
- After unprovoked firing, Indian army kills many terrorists in PoK
- Temporary Crèches set up in Maharashtra booths to help women voters
- Will Siddaramaiah vacate Cauvery Bungalow for Yeddyurappa to reside?
- Red Alert warning given in Kerala, Schools, Colleges remain shut on Tuesday