Reportedly the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)’s recruitment test for Officer Grade 1 and Office Assistant can now be given in English and in the regional languages of the applicants. Meanwhile this was stated by the Ministry of Finance through a tweet late on Friday night, after massive outrage by pro-Kannada groups over the compulsion of giving IBPS exams either in English or in Hindi.
Previously on Thursday, the IBPS issued a notification containing the details of the examination. Perhaps one crucial detail stood out glaringly those writing the exam would have to give a mandatory English and Hindi proficiency test. Hence this has angered several pro-Kannada activists and politicians in the state with former Chief Ministers Siddaramaiah and HD Kumaraswamy lashing out against the BJP government both in the centre and the state.
Moreover on July 4 this year, Nirmala Sitharaman also announced in Parliament that recruitment exams for Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) would be held in 13 regional languages, including Kannada. Recently the IBPS released the notification on Friday and stated it had no changes with respect to the language policy. Earlier in 2014, the BJP government had issued a notification stating that IBPS exams can be conducted only in Hindi and English languages and prior to this notification, the exam could also be conducted in regional languages. Further the latest recruitment advertisement mandates a Hindi and English proficiency test.
Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested It is known to our readers that a few days ago, Producer Prasad V Potluri filed a case against Tollywood actor turned producer Bandla Ganesh. As per the complaint, Bandla Ganesh took a loan of 34 Crore during the making of Jr NTR's Temper and defaulted on an amount of 7 Crore. Bandla has been avoiding PVP since the movie release five years ago.
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump
- Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra
- Hafiz Saeed settles dispute sitting inside the jail
- PM Modi meets Nobel Laureate at his residence
- Dharmadi Satyam team retrieved Royal Vasishta tourist boat, which sank in Godavari River
- BJP and Shiv Sena are set to retain power in Maharashtra
- Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year