Chennai sources stated that the distraught parents of 23 year old Subhasri broke their silence on Sunday, to point out that their daughter's death was no mere accident. Meanwhile lines of anger clearly etched on their faces, her parents stated that their bright child's life was extinguished by a mere banner and that if it was not for the banner, the lorry would never have run over Subhasri.
When speaking to the media shortly after MNM chief kamal hassan visited them to condole their daughter's death, Subhasri's parents demanded action against those responsible for the banner's presence on the Thoraipakkam-Pallavaram road. Reportedly CCTV footage from the incident shows the banner flying in the wind and falling right in front of the young woman, completely cutting off her view of the road and she then falls in front of a lorry, which then runs over her. She added "My child was following traffic rules. She wore a helmet and was riding at the correct speed. The reason for her death is the banner. It was not an accident (her death). The accident itself was created," Subhasri's mother geetha told the media. "Nobody from the government or the ruling party has come and visited us or expressed condolences. We have no support and this hurts us".
Moreover the police have filed cases against the lorry driver Manoj Yadav who ran over the young woman, and AIADMK functionary Jayagopal who was responsible for setting up the banner. Perhaps while the former has been arrested and let off on bail after the magistrate refused to remand him, the latter is absconding.
This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates Reportedly many vehicle owners use 'police', 'press', 'judge', or 'MLA' stickers to avoid paying traffic tickets or parking charges but what a resident of Hyderabad has done simply left the police stunned. Meanwhile the car owner displayed 'AP CM Jagan', not as a sticker but as permanent iron plates in place of the number plates in the front and rear part of his vehicle. This was detected during a routine checking of vehicles by the traffic police in Jedimetla in Hyderabad on October 19 and the
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump
- Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra
- Hafiz Saeed settles dispute sitting inside the jail
- PM Modi meets Nobel Laureate at his residence
- Dharmadi Satyam team retrieved Royal Vasishta tourist boat, which sank in Godavari River
- BJP and Shiv Sena are set to retain power in Maharashtra
- Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award
- P Chidambaram granted bail by SC in INX Media Case
- Donald Trump celebrates Diwali at White House on October 24
- Guv made remarks on Indian Army's action against terrorist camps inside POK