London sources stated that unique solid gold toilet that was part of an art exhibit was stolen early Saturday from the magnificent home in england where British wartime leader Winston Churchill was born. Meanwhile the toilet, valued at roughly 1 million pounds (USD 1.25 million), was the work of Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan. It had been installed only two days earlier at Blenheim Palace, west of London, after previously being shown to appreciative audiences at the Guggenheim Museum in New York.
Furthermore police said the toilet was taken early Saturday by thieves who used at least two vehicles. Because it had been connected to the palace’s plumbing system, police said the toilet’s removal caused “significant damage and flooding” to the building, a UNESCO World Heritage site filled with valuable art and furniture.
Moreover a 66 year old man was arrested in the case, but he has not been identified or charged. Perhaps Inspector richard Nicholls from Thames Valley Police said police believe the thieves left the spacious property about 4:50 a.m. and that the toilet was the only item taken and closed circuit TV footage is being studied in the investigation. Apparently prior to the theft, visitors to the Cattelan exhibition could book a three minute appointment to use the toilet and this had proved popular when the toilet was on display at the Guggenheim.
Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response Sources from Srinagar stated that the recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received an overwhelming response with 6,500 youth from Jammu and Kashmir participating in it. Meanwhile the four day drive was organized by the Army to shortlist youth for 162 infantry battalion and the army said that as many as 550 youth had been shortlisted.
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks
- Is TN State Govt owned Milk Cooperative Aavin is under scam?
- P Chidambaram is under interrogation in Tihar Jail today
- BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370
- P Chidambaram says GST is main cause of economic slow down
- If BJP wants to reinvigorate economy, abolish Personal Income Tax
- 2 Indian Iconic Cricketers makes their Kollywood debut