Reportedly St Francis College for women at Begumpet has placed a weird dress code rule for its students asking them to wear below knee-length Kurtis last week. Also, no sleeveless was allowed, making any dress that shows skin is banned from premises. This new policy on dress code, all of a sudden, made students feel that it is regressive and backward.
Meanwhile the furious students, after protesting against the College administration for its new dress code policy has finally won over the management. The college has, at last, agreed to take back their rule and maintain as per the prospectus. Students, while joining the college, agrees to not wear "short, plunge necklines or cold-shoulder" dresses. But they are allowed to wear t-shirts and Kurtis of any length.
Nearly for two weeks, 500 students and alumni have joined in on the protest against the latest dress code. This made the principal Sandra Horta step back on the new decision. That means the new rules do not apply anymore on the dress code. Also, no checking is being made at the main gate. Earlier, new female security personnel were appointed to check the length of Kurtis every single day. The students called it a big success as it was a fight against patriarchy and internalised .
Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government YSR Congress Government is rolling sops to the people one after the other but the shortage of sand has been a thorn in the flesh of the government. The sand shortage has resulted in the construction activity to a grinding halt making several people jobless. The crisis still exists even though the government introduced the new sand policy from September.
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump
- Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra
- Hafiz Saeed settles dispute sitting inside the jail
- PM Modi meets Nobel Laureate at his residence
- Dharmadi Satyam team retrieved Royal Vasishta tourist boat, which sank in Godavari River
- BJP and Shiv Sena are set to retain power in Maharashtra
- Hyderabad Metro Rail overloaded due to TSRTC strike
- Karnataka received excessive rainfall this year
- Did Godman Kalki fled the country, IT raids Rs.500 Crores undisclosed wealth
- Did Pakistan stop Postal Mail service between India & Pakistan?
- Two apps developed by UG students won Marconi Award