Reportedly prices of onion have shot up by around 50 per cent due to uneven distribution and supply in the wholesale markets across the country, following floods in major supplying states such as Maharashtra, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh. Meanwhile result of this one kg of onions in the retail market in delhi is being sold for Rs 60. Rajendra Sharma, a wholesaler of delhi's biggest Azadpur wholesale vegetable market said "Onion prices have almost doubled in the last 7 to 10 days. Earlier the wholesale price of onion was Rs 15 per kilogram, now it is being sold at Rs 25 to Rs 35”.
Furthermore Sharma attributed the difference in demand and supply due to floods in several states behind the hike. He said "Supply is less than demand. Due to rains in Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan, there is a shortage of onions in delhi". Further another trader Dinesh said, "More than 100 trucks loaded with onions used to come here every day, but at present, the number has come down around just 70 trucks."
Moroever Dinesh hopes that within two weeks the situation will get back to normal. He added "There is a slight relief from rains in Rajasthan and Maharashtra, so the situation is expected to get under control after two weeks”. Perhaps even the buyers are claiming that with the rise in prices they are trying to keep onion out of their shopping list.
BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra Sources from Pune stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi, who was addressing a rally in poll bound Maharashtra's Pune district on Thursday, made a surprising gesture to his audience while speaking on his government's recent decision to scrap Article 370, which granted special status to Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile as the crowd cheered for him, he halted his speech, stepped aside from the dais and bowed before the public twice.
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million
- Investors can find no better place in the world than India: Nirmala Sitharaman
- TN Govt directed all blood banks in Tamilnadu to use Blood Donation feature on Facebook
- Exide industries launches e-vehicle in name of Exide Neo
- Jio alleged Airtel, Vodafone Idea & BSNL fraudulently masquerading against violation of IUC Regulations