Chennai sources stated that as the controversy over Home Minister amit shah's remarks refuses to die down, BJP leader Pon Radhakrishnan on Friday advocated for recognition of Tamil as the national language. He told "My wish as a Tamilian is that we develop our language and if we improve the status of our language and if it is spread across all states, then Tamil can also become a national language".
Furthermore at the same time, we have to accept one language for communication only," said Radhakrishnan, a former union minister in the first tenure of the Narendra modi government. Earlier on September 14, Shah had triggered a political row when he had said that it is important the country had one language reflecting its identity and only Hindi could unite the country.
Moreover the Home Minister's statements drew sharp reactions from Opposition parties, particularly those in the south. Apparently Shah, who is also BJP president, issued a clarification stating he had only requested people to learn Hindi as their second language and did not mean imposing it over any regional language. Perhaps the Dravida Munnetra Kazagham (DMK) had planned to launch a protest on September 20 against Shah's statement.
Some iconic faces who will be contesting Maharashtra Assembly election 2019 Devendra Fadnavis – BJP Perhaps one of the most salient Assembly seats for the BJP Shiva Sena alliance both in terms of prestige for the parties and that of the candidate is Nagpur South West from where Devendra Fadnavis has been elected since 2009.
- Botsa Satyanarayan feels APs new Capital to be built based on public opinion
- Karnataka ranked as Most Innovative state in India
- Why Sonia Gandhi cancelled Haryana rally?
- Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority
- BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls