Reportedly on September 12, a young techie in Chennai met with a gruesome death immediately after an illegal banner fell on her, on the busy Thuraipakkam- Pallavaram road. Meanwhile as anger swept through the state over her fate, in Coimbatore, 32 year old Revathy could only feel numb with grief as television channels played out 23 year old Subashri's final moments.
Furthermore Revathy lost her brother in 2017 in a similar accident, where the 32 year old victim Raghupathy allegedly crashed into an illegal AIADMK hoarding and then came under a truck. Reportedly two years since the young engineer's death, his sister says that it is only the public that can herald change. Revathy says "Lawful action against those involved is necessary but for larger change people need to have a re-look at their mindset".
Moreover Revathy points out that all officials, from the Chief Minister to a corporation worker should be held to highest standards and ensure that their job is done. She adds "We see so many deaths due to civic apathy be it electric wires, sewage cleaning or banners. Everyone knows the reality". "So each one of us has to change for society to change. My brother and Subashri have lost their lives because we stayed silent and their deaths should not go in vain."
Satya Pal Malik, likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-General of the Union Territory of J&K Satya Pal Malik, the incumbent governor of the state of Jammu and Kashmir, is likely to be appointed as the Lieutenant-Governor of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir on 31 October. Meanwhile Malik, who has been associated with political parties of all hues, was the first career politician to be appointed to the gubernatorial position of the politically sensitive state in 51 years after Karan Singh whose term had ended in 1967.
- Pakistani pop singer Rabi Pirzada now threatened Narendra Modi with a suicide attack
- 3,00,000 Public Sector Bank Employees strike against Govt plans was fruitful?
- DK Shivakumar granted bail in Money laundering case
- Hyderabadis to celebrate Eco Friendly Diwali this year
- Botsa is known for confusion!
- Tollywood Producer Bandla Ganesh Arrested
- Chandrababu Desperately Wooing BJP High Command?
- Nayanthara is Brand Ambassador for Katrina Kaif Beauty Line for South
- Sand Shortage Continues To Haunt Jagan Government
- Bombay HC cancels government order on phone tapping
- TN Govt announces new announcement for 10,11 & 12 Board Exams
- This Man displayed 'AP CM Jagan', as permanent iron plates in his car number plates
- Canadian prime ministry was saved by Indo-Canadian Sikh man
- Cash, drugs & freebies in Assembly polls in Maharashtra and Haryana in huge jump
- Devendra Fadnavis seeking a second term as CM of Maharashtra