Lord Ganesha is brought into one’s house by many Hindus during Ganesh Chathurthi and kept for ten days. He is then immersed in water of ponds, rivers or sea on the Visarjana Day. On the state of Maharashtra these ten days are celebrated with maximum vigour in the country. Ganesha is widely known as the remover of obstacles.
Before undertaking any activity, Hindus never fail to first pray to Ganesha to ensure the removal of any obstacles and to make an auspicious beginning. In fact he is artistically the most widely represented of all Hindu Gods. He is the son of Lord Shiva and Parvati and has an elephant head. Ganesha is also known as Ekdanta as one of his tusks is broken off.
Ganesha is also known as Lambodara meaning having a pot belly or hanging belly. Ganesha’s Vehicle is a small rat called as Musaka in Sanskrit. It is also interpreted as the ability of Ganesha to be everywhere just as the mouse can go even to the most secret places. While Ganesha is known as both creator and remover of obstacles and he is also respected and worshipped as the Lord of letters and learning.
Thus one of his names is Buddhipriya meaning fond of intelligence. The concept of Buddhi, Siddhi and Riddhi means intellect, spiritual power and prosperity. Ganesha is the most popular of many Indian Gods and the one most liked by all age groups especially the children.
Goddess Saraswathi is for Learning If you please the Goddess Saraswati she can grant you with a lot of knowledge and talents. The people who are affected by Rahu must worship the goddess Saraswati regularly. She is the mother of the Vedas. Some say that she is the daughter of Lord Shiva and goddess Durga. Some also say that she came out from the mouth of Lord Brahma. She was very beautiful and Brahma considered her as the most beautiful creation of his. She is associated with the moon and lotus both of which are signs of eternal
- Do you about this Famous Brihadeeshwara Temple?
- Hindus follows special fasting days of the week
- Temple is a place filled with Positive Vibrations
- Tirumala Information : 14.02.2018
- Goddess Lakshmi in many avatars
- Tirumala information : 13.02.2013
- Hinduism is diverse religion across globe
- Chandra Darshan is a rare scenario, more beneficial
- Do you visit temple on a regular basis?
- Doing Pooja at home is a must
- Auspicious Tamil Month Thai is full of festivals
- Tamil New Year marks special year for Tamilians
- Reasons that Supreme God is a reality
- Tulsi plant is considered sacred in Hinduism
- 'Gayatri Mantra' reciting every morning develops our personality