First, bring home a clay idol of Lord Ganesha. Remember not to purchase a very expensive idol as you will be immersing the idol as per the norm, just ten days later. The immersion ceremony is done with great fanfare and is known as visarjan. You can even, if you like, create one yourself, using wet clay. However, if you offer prayers to an already existing Ganesha idol in your home, you need not immerse it in water. Choose an auspicious hour Pratahakal, Madhyanakal or Sayanakal to perform the pooja. Madhyanakal is the most preferred time.
Before the pooja begins, it is customary to light a lamp and observe a silent prayer. The first Step is Avahana or invoking of Lord Ganesha. Secondly place lord Ganesha on a seat of value, offer an abhisheka of scented water to Lord Ganesha, take a sip of the abhisheka jal, and give Ganesha a snan. Next step is washing Ganesha with water to wash off the thick panchamrit, give Ganesha a bath with dahi or yoghurt.
Next give Ganesha a Dhrit snan, give Ganesha a bath in honey. Give Ganesha a sugar abhisheka, next step is giving Ganesha scented bath, the final step of his bath, which includes a thoroughly cleansing bath and dress up Ganesha in fresh clothes and put a single janeyu on Lord Ganesha. Now he is ready.
With the accompaniment of gandha in the form of agarbathi, akshata in the form of unbroken rice, pushpa in the form of fresh flowers, naivedhya in the form of freshly cooked prasad, thambula arpan in the form of paan leaves and betal nut, along with coconut, a beautiful aarti concludes the Ganesha pooja.
Why do Hindus don't eat meat during Purattasi Month? The main reason is to avoid the meat during the Tamil month of Purattasi, the rays of the sun weaken and the rains set in. The earth that has heated up in the previous months, soak in the rain and is known to give out heat, which is considered hurtful than the summer heat. It is also believed that the digestion power of individuals is low and there is chance it can take a toll on
- Significance of Tamil Month Purattasi
- Is Lord Shani Dev a Friend or Enemy?
- Why Lord Ganesha idols immersed in water after Ganesh Chathurthi?
- SPIRITUALITY : How to pray Lord Ganesha for better income?
- How Ganesh Chathurthi is celebrated all over India?
- How to impress Ganesha on this Ganesh Chathurthi day??
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Why Hindus break coconut in Temple?
- Lord Shiva the Final God in this world
- Divine festivals of Aani Month in Hindus
- How to perform Ganesh Chaturthi pooja?
- Lord Ganesh's curse on Lord Krishna
- Happy Ganesh Chaturthi ! Some facts you must know to celebrate the festival
- Krishna Janmashtami 2018 - The Myth of Lord Krishna
- How to do Krishna Jayanti at Home?