Masi Magam comes in the Tamil month of Masi (February - March), which is a very auspicious day. It is a very important day and Tamilians around the world celebrate this festival. Magam, is one among the twenty seven stars (Nakshatras) in the Hindu astrological system called constellation. It is one of the most favorable times for spiritual purification.
This day is one of the most powerful Full Moons of the full year, since the moon aligns with Magha which is the birth Star of the Kings and Ancestors. This coincidence only occurs only once a year and signifies the descent of heavenly beings to the earth plane. The divine beings appear in the astral form to purify their own karma as well as the karma of the human race.
Masi Magam combines the benefits of abundance and prosperity associated with the Full Moon and the majestic quality of the Magha star, offering a unique opportunity to gain power and energy. Masi Magam is the most appropriate time to destroy our ego and surrender ourselves at the feet of the divine.
The main feature of the festival is the ritual bath given to the deities in the waters of 'Theerthavari' or Bay of Bengal. Early in the morning, a big colorful procession of devotees with the deities is organized from the temple to the sea shore, with the accompaniment of the auspicious Nadhaswaram,a non-brass acoustic South Indian instrument Temple idols, especially those of Lord Shiva, Shakti, and Lord Vishnu, are given a ceremonial bath in the waters of Theerthavari.
Goddess Saraswathi is for Learning If you please the Goddess Saraswati she can grant you with a lot of knowledge and talents. The people who are affected by Rahu must worship the goddess Saraswati regularly. She is the mother of the Vedas. Some say that she is the daughter of Lord Shiva and goddess Durga. Some also say that she came out from the mouth of Lord Brahma. She was very beautiful and Brahma considered her as the most beautiful creation of his. She is associated with the moon and lotus both of which are signs of eternal
- Do you about this Famous Brihadeeshwara Temple?
- Hindus follows special fasting days of the week
- Temple is a place filled with Positive Vibrations
- Tirumala Information : 14.02.2018
- Goddess Lakshmi in many avatars
- Tirumala information : 13.02.2013
- Hinduism is diverse religion across globe
- Chandra Darshan is a rare scenario, more beneficial
- Do you visit temple on a regular basis?
- Doing Pooja at home is a must
- Auspicious Tamil Month Thai is full of festivals
- Tamil New Year marks special year for Tamilians
- Reasons that Supreme God is a reality
- Tulsi plant is considered sacred in Hinduism
- 'Gayatri Mantra' reciting every morning develops our personality