Fasting is the most important ritual of the day. On Shasti, devotees keep a partial or full fasting to appease Lord Murugan. The viratham begins at the time of sunrise and comes to an end on the following day after offering prayers to the Sun God. Those who keep strict viratham do not eat food for complete 24 hours of fasting. Partial fasting can be done by eating fruits. People who have health problems can even keep Shasti fasting by eating s single meal during the day.
The observer of the Shasti viratham is restricted from eating certain spices on the day. Eating non-vegetarian food and consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited.On Shasti, Murugan devotees also read ‘Skanda Purana’ and recite the ‘Skanda Shasti Kavacham’. On this day it is considered very auspicious to visit the temples of Lord Murugan in the evening.
Shasti is the day of worshipping Lord Murugan. He is the Hindu God of War who is known by different names like ‘Kartikeya’, ‘Subramaniya’, ‘Skanda’, ‘Kumara Swami’ and ‘Kumaran’. Lord Murugan is the son of Lord Shiva and Parvati and is the Commander-in-Chief of the Deva’s army. Lord Murugan is primarily worshipped in area with Tamil population. The six important shrines of Lord Murugan are located in Tamil Nadu itself.
Goddess Saraswathi is for Learning If you please the Goddess Saraswati she can grant you with a lot of knowledge and talents. The people who are affected by Rahu must worship the goddess Saraswati regularly. She is the mother of the Vedas. Some say that she is the daughter of Lord Shiva and goddess Durga. Some also say that she came out from the mouth of Lord Brahma. She was very beautiful and Brahma considered her as the most beautiful creation of his. She is associated with the moon and lotus both of which are signs of eternal
- Do you about this Famous Brihadeeshwara Temple?
- Hindus follows special fasting days of the week
- Temple is a place filled with Positive Vibrations
- Tirumala Information : 14.02.2018
- Goddess Lakshmi in many avatars
- Tirumala information : 13.02.2013
- Hinduism is diverse religion across globe
- Chandra Darshan is a rare scenario, more beneficial
- Do you visit temple on a regular basis?
- Doing Pooja at home is a must
- Auspicious Tamil Month Thai is full of festivals
- Tamil New Year marks special year for Tamilians
- Reasons that Supreme God is a reality
- Tulsi plant is considered sacred in Hinduism
- 'Gayatri Mantra' reciting every morning develops our personality