Vratham is the word for fasting. Fasting is not only about refraining from eating certain food but also about control over many other activities. During these days, devotees eat only vegetarian food. Accordingly the person going to Sabarimala should take bath twice a day.
He should eat only vegetarian food and strict celibacy should be followed during the time of Vratham. He must do meditation during those times, which is for purifying thoughts. He must refrain from movies and entertainment that invokes sensual pleasure.
According to the traditional Malayalam Calendar Usually, vratham has to be
observed for 41 days before going to Sabarimala. It is advised to observe
Vritham throughout the Mandala Kalam which begins on Vrishchikam 1st and ends
on 11th or 12th of Dhanu. During vratham men should not speak bad words or
watch unwanted movies. When the vratham is followed sincerely the entire family
members will get Lord Ayyappan’s blessings.
CHIDAMBARA RAHASYAM After 8 years of R & D, Western scientists have proved that at Lord Nataraja 's big toe is the Centre Point of World 's Magnetic Equator. Our ancient Tamil Scholar Thirumoolar has proved this Five thousand years ago!
- Get Goddess Sakthi's Blessings on Aadi Fridays
- Significance of celebrating Aadipooram festival in Tamilnadu
- Significance of 5 Aadi Velli, Tamil month
- Mantras and the impact in our minds
- Why Hindu Gods shown with Many Hands & Faces ?
- Why our Ancestors created Kuladeivam?
- Some unknown facts about Goddess Saraswati
- Attract Goddess Lakshmi by lightning Diyas