Vratham is the word for fasting. Fasting is not only about refraining from eating certain food but also about control over many other activities. During these days, devotees eat only vegetarian food. Accordingly the person going to Sabarimala should take bath twice a day.
He should eat only vegetarian food and strict celibacy should be followed during the time of Vratham. He must do meditation during those times, which is for purifying thoughts. He must refrain from movies and entertainment that invokes sensual pleasure.
According to the traditional Malayalam Calendar Usually, vratham has to be
observed for 41 days before going to Sabarimala. It is advised to observe
Vritham throughout the Mandala Kalam which begins on Vrishchikam 1st and ends
on 11th or 12th of Dhanu. During vratham men should not speak bad words or
watch unwanted movies. When the vratham is followed sincerely the entire family
members will get Lord Ayyappan’s blessings.
Todays Tirumala samacharam : 22.01.2018 TOTAL PILGRIMS HAD DARSHAN ON 21-01-2018: 83,687. Vaikuntam Que Complex Situation at SITUATION AT 06.00 AM ON 22-01-2018 NO.OF COMPARTMENTS WAITING IN VQC-II: 07. APPROXIMATE TIME FOR SARVA DARSHAN: 04 TO 05 HOURS.
- Women should posses these characteristics as per Hinduism
- Hindu God's praying Day wise is auspicious
- Goddess Durga Mantras for Happy and Prosperous Life
- Some interesting facts about the Harvest Festival - Pongal
- Significance of Pongal
- Every morning offer water to Sun God
- Get Shakthi from Adhiparasakthi, Melmaruvathur
- Tamilnadu people calls Pongal as a Harvest Festival
- Tirumala Tirupati Darshan : 06.01.2018
- Do you know the importance of Ugadi Festival?
- Mangalsutra in Women is a powerful weapon
- New Year Special Hindu Festivals of 2018 associated with Deities and Mantras
- Worshiping Family Deity is more important
- Lord Shiva's sacred Bull is the Hindu God Nandi
- Gopurams of Tamilnadu which is known for its architecture