Srirangam the tallest gopuram in India is the one at Sri Ranganathaswamy temple in Srirangam. Situated on the island of river Cauvery, this temple has 21 gopurams. The Rajagopuram or the main gateway is a staggering 236ft tall and has 13 kalasams made of heavy copper on the top.
Meenakshi temple at Madurai has the most magnificent of all gopurams. With intricate carvings and imposing height, there are ten gopurams mostly built in block granite. The oldest gopuram lying to the East was built by the Sundara Pandyas. It was with them and the construction of this temple that temple towns became popular in Tamilnadu.
as the tallest gopuram during the Madurai Nayakas, the gopuram of
Thiruvilliputhoor Divya Desam in Srivilliputhur is the emblem of the Government
of Tamil Nadu. The temple is 2000 years old and one of the most popular of
Vishnu temples. The 59m tall gopuram is an 11storied structure.
Todays Tirumala samacharam : 22.01.2018 TOTAL PILGRIMS HAD DARSHAN ON 21-01-2018: 83,687. Vaikuntam Que Complex Situation at SITUATION AT 06.00 AM ON 22-01-2018 NO.OF COMPARTMENTS WAITING IN VQC-II: 07. APPROXIMATE TIME FOR SARVA DARSHAN: 04 TO 05 HOURS.
- Women should posses these characteristics as per Hinduism
- Hindu God's praying Day wise is auspicious
- Goddess Durga Mantras for Happy and Prosperous Life
- Some interesting facts about the Harvest Festival - Pongal
- Significance of Pongal
- Every morning offer water to Sun God
- Get Shakthi from Adhiparasakthi, Melmaruvathur
- Tamilnadu people calls Pongal as a Harvest Festival
- Tirumala Tirupati Darshan : 06.01.2018
- Do you know the importance of Ugadi Festival?
- Mangalsutra in Women is a powerful weapon
- New Year Special Hindu Festivals of 2018 associated with Deities and Mantras
- Worshiping Family Deity is more important
- Lord Shiva's sacred Bull is the Hindu God Nandi
- Gopurams of Tamilnadu which is known for its architecture