Srirangam the tallest gopuram in India is the one at Sri Ranganathaswamy temple in Srirangam. Situated on the island of river Cauvery, this temple has 21 gopurams. The Rajagopuram or the main gateway is a staggering 236ft tall and has 13 kalasams made of heavy copper on the top.
Meenakshi temple at Madurai has the most magnificent of all gopurams. With intricate carvings and imposing height, there are ten gopurams mostly built in block granite. The oldest gopuram lying to the East was built by the Sundara Pandyas. It was with them and the construction of this temple that temple towns became popular in Tamilnadu.
as the tallest gopuram during the Madurai Nayakas, the gopuram of
Thiruvilliputhoor Divya Desam in Srivilliputhur is the emblem of the Government
of Tamil Nadu. The temple is 2000 years old and one of the most popular of
Vishnu temples. The 59m tall gopuram is an 11storied structure.
CHIDAMBARA RAHASYAM After 8 years of R & D, Western scientists have proved that at Lord Nataraja 's big toe is the Centre Point of World 's Magnetic Equator. Our ancient Tamil Scholar Thirumoolar has proved this Five thousand years ago!
- Get Goddess Sakthi's Blessings on Aadi Fridays
- Significance of celebrating Aadipooram festival in Tamilnadu
- Significance of 5 Aadi Velli, Tamil month
- Mantras and the impact in our minds
- Why Hindu Gods shown with Many Hands & Faces ?
- Why our Ancestors created Kuladeivam?
- Some unknown facts about Goddess Saraswati
- Attract Goddess Lakshmi by lightning Diyas