A long time ago there was a king named Rathadhwaja. In his family, worshiping Goddess Lakshmi was a tradition; however, the king stopped adoring the Goddess due to his ignorance and indifference. Consequently, he lost the grace of Lakshmi. The enemies invaded his kingdom and he lost everything.
Rathashwaja had two sons Kushadhwaja and Dharmadhwaja. They felt sorry for their father's mistake. They observed rigorous penance to please Goddess Lakshmi. When she appeared they prayed, "Bless us so that we get back our kingdom. Grant us a favor by being born as our daughter." Lakshmi granted the boons. They fought bravely, won back their kingdom and lived happily.
was the name of Kushadhwaja's wife. Goddess Lakshmi, in fulfillment of the boon
granted by her, entered the womb of Malavati in subtle form and was born as her
daughter. It is said that even at the time of birth she was reciting Vedic
verses clearly. Vedavati was later born as a daughter to king Janaka. King
Janaka named her Sita. Lord Vishnu took birth as Sri Rama in the house of
Dashratha and Kaushalya. After some time, Sri Rama, as desired by his father,
had to go to Dandakaranya with Sita and Lakshmana. While living there, Ravana
deceitfully took Sita to Lanka. Sri Rama went to Lanka with Sugreeva, Hanumana
and other monkey warriors and invaded Lanka.
Hindus follows special fasting days of the week It is observed for the Lord Sun or Surya. Red is the color of this day. It is believed that this fast helps you in fulfilling desires. People suffering from skin diseases also observe this fast to get rid of it. Extra importance is given to cleanliness of the body and surroundings. Red flowers are offered for prayers and red colored sandalwood tilak is applied on the forehead.
- Temple is a place filled with Positive Vibrations
- Tirumala Information : 14.02.2018
- Goddess Lakshmi in many avatars
- Tirumala information : 13.02.2013
- Hinduism is diverse religion across globe
- Chandra Darshan is a rare scenario, more beneficial
- Do you visit temple on a regular basis?
- Doing Pooja at home is a must
- Auspicious Tamil Month Thai is full of festivals
- Tamil New Year marks special year for Tamilians
- Reasons that Supreme God is a reality
- Tulsi plant is considered sacred in Hinduism
- 'Gayatri Mantra' reciting every morning develops our personality
- Todays Tirumala samacharam : 22.01.2018
- Women should posses these characteristics as per Hinduism