One of the most popular claims made by Yogis is that chanting Om mantra improves our concentration, gives peace and steadiness to our mind, reduces mental stress and clears all worldly thoughts. Although those who practice it regularly would have experienced it first hand and affirm the same, scientists were curious to find out more about it and verify such claims with the help of science & technology.
Few years ago, scientists conducted an experiment in which participants who had never chanted Om mantra were asked to chant it for few minutes and each of their chants were recorded. They were asked to chant the mantra on a regular basis and after few days, the experiment was repeated. The time-frequency analysis this time had some startling revelations.
The waveforms were improved with regular spacing, had almost
perfect symmetry and harmony. Not only had these participants witnessed
dramatic improvements in focus, concentration & steadiness, but found
themselves to be in peace, witnessed reduction in mental stress & could
remain calm all the time.
Why is Brahma not worshiped? You all must have heard about the Holy Trinity of Hinduism. The Trinity consists of the three most powerful Gods- Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. Of these three, Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva are worshiped almost all over the world, wherever Hinduism is prevalent. However you may have noticed that Lord Brahma is never worshiped.
- Science behind chanting OM mantra, very powerful
- Auspicious Chithirai Festival in Madurai
- Chitra Pournami Significance
- Today is Akshaya Tritiya, the Auspicious Day for Gold
- Why do we purchase Gold on Akshaya Tritiya?
- TAMIL NEW YEAR greetings with Importance of the Festival
- Importance of celebrating Akshaya Tritiya
- Science behind chanting OM mantra
- Famous Gopurams of Tamilnadu
- Scientific inventions by ancient Hindu Saints
- Goddess Lakshmi in various Avatars
- How is Hanuman Jayanti celebrated?
- Importance of the Holy Festival Good Friday
- Easter 2018: When and Why it is celebrated? What is Easter Egg Hunting?
- Ringing bells in Temple has positive vibration