One of the most popular claims made by Yogis is that chanting Om mantra improves our concentration, gives peace and steadiness to our mind, reduces mental stress and clears all worldly thoughts. Although those who practice it regularly would have experienced it first hand and affirm the same, scientists were curious to find out more about it and verify such claims with the help of science & technology.
Few years ago, scientists conducted an experiment in which participants who had never chanted Om mantra were asked to chant it for few minutes and each of their chants were recorded. They were asked to chant the mantra on a regular basis and after few days, the experiment was repeated. The time-frequency analysis this time had some startling revelations.
The waveforms were improved with regular spacing, had almost
perfect symmetry and harmony. Not only had these participants witnessed
dramatic improvements in focus, concentration & steadiness, but found
themselves to be in peace, witnessed reduction in mental stress & could
remain calm all the time.
Significance of Tamil Month Purattasi Solar month is full of devotional month and no marriage celebration will take place during that month. The Full moon day falls on the star Puratadhi/Uthiratadhi (Aquaries /Pisces zodiac) but the Purattasi Saturdays are very important and special prayers are done for Tirupathi Venkatachalapathy with people following many Vrathams and pujas with various offerings like Chakara Pongal etc.
- Is Lord Shani Dev a Friend or Enemy?
- Why Lord Ganesha idols immersed in water after Ganesh Chathurthi?
- SPIRITUALITY : How to pray Lord Ganesha for better income?
- How Ganesh Chathurthi is celebrated all over India?
- How to impress Ganesha on this Ganesh Chathurthi day??
- Story about broken tusk of Ganesha
- Why Hindus break coconut in Temple?
- Lord Shiva the Final God in this world
- Divine festivals of Aani Month in Hindus
- How to perform Ganesh Chaturthi pooja?
- Lord Ganesh's curse on Lord Krishna
- Happy Ganesh Chaturthi ! Some facts you must know to celebrate the festival
- Krishna Janmashtami 2018 - The Myth of Lord Krishna
- How to do Krishna Jayanti at Home?
- Some facts about Amavasya and Purnima