One of the most popular claims made by Yogis is that chanting Om mantra improves our concentration, gives peace and steadiness to our mind, reduces mental stress and clears all worldly thoughts. Although those who practice it regularly would have experienced it first hand and affirm the same, scientists were curious to find out more about it and verify such claims with the help of science & technology.
Few years ago, scientists conducted an experiment in which participants who had never chanted Om mantra were asked to chant it for few minutes and each of their chants were recorded. They were asked to chant the mantra on a regular basis and after few days, the experiment was repeated. The time-frequency analysis this time had some startling revelations.
The waveforms were improved with regular spacing, had almost
perfect symmetry and harmony. Not only had these participants witnessed
dramatic improvements in focus, concentration & steadiness, but found
themselves to be in peace, witnessed reduction in mental stress & could
remain calm all the time.
Pin Kettu of the Irumudi of Sabarimala Temple There are 2 coconuts in the pin Kettu (back end pouch). One of it is to be broken at the Pampa River. Another coconut is to offer to the Malikapurathamma (Bhagavathi). Here the coconut is not to be broken. It is to be rolled on the ground in front of the deity of the Bhagavathi.
- What does the Nei thenga (Ghee filled Coconut) and the Nei Abhishekam Signifies?
- Importance of Irumudikettu in Sabarimala Pilgrimage
- December Month special for Irumudi in Melmaruvathur
- Kanchi Paramacharya explains about Importance of Margazhi Month
- Why Andal special in Margazhi?
- Significance and festivals of Margazhi month
- Tamil Month Margazhi dedicated to Lord Vishnu
- Wearing Mangalsutra and its Benefits