New Delhi sources have stated that eight wins and 16 points is the equation needed for a team to make it to the IPL play-offs. In IPL 2017, Kings XI Punjab notched up seven to end with 14 points after their worst performance of the season in their final game that too the decider for the final play-offs spot against Rising Pune Supergiant in which they were bundled out of 73.
It was stated that to end fifth on the points tally is by no means a disappointing season and KXIP kept their hopes alive until the last moment. They showed grit to win crucial games in the latter stages of the league phase and started the season on a positive note as well. However, they slumped in the middle with four straight loses and ultimately that proved to be the difference.
Sources have added that Amla, with two centuries,
was the most consistent player for KXIP, although the team went on to lose both
those games. Sandeep Sharma was the leading wicket-taker for KXIP with two
back-to-back Man-of-the-Match awards, but it was Axar who was the shining star.
The all-rounder put in valuable tidy spells whenever required taking 15 wickets
at an average of 24.13 and also played a crucial hand with the bat, scoring 227
runs at a strike-rate of over 140.
As per overall verdict a fighting season marred by inconsistency, Amla's centuries proved little as batsmen failed to bat around him. Young Manan Vohra and experienced hand Saha had only one innings of note in the entire season while Maxwell had a tough time dealing with his out of form bowlers. Mohit Sharma has become a shadow of himself and leaked runs at an economy of neatly nine runs per over. Lack of international quality spinner hampered KXIP and their woes were further compounded by under using guys like Tewatia, KC Cariappa and Swapnil Singh.
"This is how I took 5-Wicket haul..." - Bhuvaneshwar Kumar reveals the Secret India won against South Africa in the first T20I and Indian pacer Bhuvaneshwar Kumar scalped 5-Wickets and became the first Indian to take a fifer in ODI's, Tests, and T20I's. After Chahal, he became the only Indian to scalp fifer in T20I's.
- India wins the 1st T20I by 28 runs - Bhuvaneshwar Kumar takes 5 Wickets
- Wrist Spinners hide India's defects in ODI Team - India should take a look at these things immediately
- Virat Kohli's Men create History as India crushes South Africa and resumes the Winning ways
- Shahid Afridi asks Indian fan to hold National Flag in correct position - Wins Millions of Hearts !!
- It's all over for Ravichandran Ashwin as he can't return to ODI's and T20's
- #SAvIND - Virat Kohli and Wrist Spinners gift 124 Run Victory in the 3rd ODI
- Not just Men, even Women in Blue beat South Africa at Kimberley in ICC Women's Championship
- India needed 2 runs to win and Umpires call it Lunch - Twitter reacts!
- #SAvIND - Virat Kohli and his Men stops South Africa's 17-game winning streak
- South Africa will not be with the services of AB De Villiers for first 3 ODI's
- Fans go gaga on this Young girl at the IPL Auction - Do you know about her?
- A Complete Analysis on the IPL 2018 bidding
- Chennai Super Kings and the curious case of pathetic choices!
- #IPLAuction - Live Updates
- IPL Auction starts today - Here's how you can watch it Live and get updates!