Come 2018, and the biggest sports drama of 11th edition of IPL awaits as this season will have new rules, besides 80 crore salary cap, and the most anticipated return of Chennai super kings and Rajasthan Royals after being banned from playing after accusations of spot-fixing in 2013.
This time around, teams have retention option of retaining 3 players with two Right to match or retain 2 players with 3 RTM. However, teams like RCB are in confusion about retaining top players like Virat Kohli and Ab de Villiers as the deduction from salary will be based on actual price or guideline price whichever higher.
With new IPL rules, players like Kohli can negotiate their salary if they're unsatisfied, and they can earn up to 15 crores if the franchise accepts to deduct it from the salary purse. If individual players aren't satisfied with their price, they can opt for getting auctioned to earn the salary they prefer. If RCB decides to retain Chahal, Villiers, and Kohli, 36 crores will be deducted from the salary purse, but letting them go will have a huge impact on the team's performance. It is to be seen if RCB will retain or opt out the said big-ticket players.
2018 Season of IPL to Begin on... Check out the Dates! The new edition of IPL has grabbed eyeballs as this time it's going to be bigger and better. Right from the telecast channel to the sponsors, everyone has been replaced and changed. Also, the suspended teams Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals are making a comeback after 2 years.
- A player who stunned with a single Sixer - Watch Video
- Virat Kohli bags all honors at ICC Awards 2017
- "We Deserve to Lose this Test Series..." says Virat Kohli
- A Player who earns 17 Crores for 2 months is just fined 25% of his Match Fee !!!
- India likely to lose 2nd Test despite Kohli's Blitzkrieg
- Can Yusuf Patha play in IPL after failing the dope test?
- Can Angelo Mathews bring back glory to Team Sri Lanka?
- The Ashes: Despite 4-0 Loss, Endland are on the Right Path says Anderson
- Australia inch closer to a big Ashes finish!!
- Anushka Sharma shows a sad face as her husband goes cheaply - See Photo
- Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma Shopping on 50% Discount Offer - Goes Viral
- #IPLRetention - Dhoni returns to his Den, Ashwin Dropped - Check the complete retention members list
- Colin Munro becomes the First Batsman to score 3 Centuries in T20I's
- How strong is Dhoni this time in IPL??
- The strategy is to get AB out - Virat Kohli