It was just a typical ODI win for Team India as they normally do at home. But, it's more special as they have ended South Africa's 17-game winning streak at home. It was a complete performance right from the time Kohli lost the toss.
Kuldeep Yadav is the one who predicted India's win after South Africa's batting ended with 269. Rahane also proves that he can fill the No.4 slot. The 189 run partnership between Kohli and Rahane ended South Africa's dreams. With this victory, India takes a 1-0 lead in the 6 match series and the next ODI will take place on Sunday.
Virat Kohli's 112 also means that it was his 1st ODI century in South African Soil. India clearly holds the upper hand and South Africa are clearly down without the services of AB De Villiers. The Second ODI is expected to be even more pulsating.
Ganguly says Dhoni must be no 4! Former Indian Cricket team captain, the Bengal tiger Saurav Ganguly recently said MS Dhoni coming at number 4 is very good for the ODI team. Recently the Indian cricket team won final ODI defeating Aussies by 7 wickets, and also the series 2-1. Dhoni had scored a composed 87(114)* in a match winning finishing knock, and for his three back to back 50s, he was also given the player of the series.
- #AUSvIND - Dhoni hits third consecutive half century and guides India to clinch ODI series
- Dhoni's unexpected anger on field!
- Kohli Dhoni help India to level ODI series
- Which players will replace Hardik & Rahul?
- Dhoni does it for special fan!
- Australia win by 34 runs against India - Time for Kohli to step down and Rohit Sharma to get captaincy!
- Hardik Pandya's Koffee with Karan episode deleted by Hotstar
- Rohit Sharma jokes on Rishab!
- Pandya seeks apology, given notice!
- Indian players rise up ICC rankings!
- Hardik Pandya faces online attack!
- KL Rahul's noticed for sportsmanship!
- #TeamIndia makes History and retain the Border-Gavaskar Trophy with a historic 2-1 series win!
- India likely to win Test series 3-1
- #AUSvIND - Rain stands between India and a Victory after Day 3