The third test match of India's tour of England, held at Nottingham began with India batting first, as England won the toss and elected to field first. Openers Shikhar Dhawan and KL Rahul began patiently, scoring runs at regular intervals at a brisk pace, before being claimed by Woakes.
Woakes dismissed Dhawan 35(65) and Rahul 23(53) and in quick time dismissed the most expected Cheteshwar Pujara as well for a cheap 14(31), leaving India reeling at 82/3 after being at 60/0 at a stage. In came skipper Virat Kohli who was accompanied by Ajinkya Rahane.
Both the players displayed exempla attitude in dealing with the English bowlers as they chose the right balls to hit and attacked the bowling lineup at regular intervals, slowly resurrecting India from another batting downslide. After a terrific stand that almost took away the match from England, both the players were dismissed.
Kohli 97(152) missed out on a much-deserved ton that could have been his second in this series, while Rahane was dismissed scoring 81(131). Hardik Pandya was dismissed for 18, while Rishab pant made his debut album test appearance, and opened his account with a 6, and is currently unbeaten on 22(32)* with India ending the day 1 on 307/6 at stumps.
#INDvBAN - Rohit Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja makes it merry for India The 1st super four matches of the Asia Cup between India and Bangladesh began with India winning the toss and deciding to field first. Bangladesh began on a disastrous note with both the openers dismissed cheaply by Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Bumrah.
- #INDvPAK #IndiavsPakistan - Rohit Sharma and men beat Pakistan comprehensively
- India beats Hong Kong by 22 runs in a Nail biter
- How far England is going to stretch their lead?
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high
- #ENGvIND - Kohli Heroics take India to Commanding Position on Day 2
- #ENGvIND - Despite Dropped catches and missed easy chances India takes honours on Day 1