As the first day of the fourth test between India and England held at Southampton began with England all out on 246, and India ending the day at 19/0, the second day of the 4th test began with Stuart Broad scalping both the Indian openers, Dhawan for 23(53) and KL Rahul for 19(24), as India was 50/2 at a point.
Entered middle-order batsman Cheteshwar Pujara and skipper Virat Kohli, who laid foundation for a good score, by patiently settling down, and picking bad deliveries and hitting them clean, before Kohli was dismissed by Curran after scoring a valuable 46(71), whole Pujara stayed firm, and scored some nice shots on his way to a stunning century, as he anchored the innings very well.
While Pujara was scoring steadily at one end, he was losing support at the other end, as Rahane was dismissed by Stokes, while Moeen Ali bundled the lower order of Indian batting line-up which fell like a pack of cards, as he scalped Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya, Ashwin, Shami and Ishant Sharma, and ultimately, India ended on 273, with a lead of 27 runs, with Pujara remaining unbeaten on a valiant ton of 132(257b,16x4)*. Now as England gained 233 run lead they keep their noses ahead. But Pujara promised to show a good battle as India can chase any score.
#PAKvIND - India Seal their Biggest Win Over Pakistan The third match of the Super four stage of Asia Cup, between India and Pakistan, began with Pakistan winning the toss and deciding to bat first. Opener Imam ul Haq and Babar Azam fell in quick succession as Pakistan was reeling at 2/55, but Fakhar Zaman 31(44) and skipper Sarfaraz Ahmad 44(66) tried to steady the team, before being dismissed by Kuldeep Yadav eventually.
- #INDvBAN - Rohit Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja makes it merry for India
- #INDvPAK #IndiavsPakistan - Rohit Sharma and men beat Pakistan comprehensively
- India beats Hong Kong by 22 runs in a Nail biter
- How far England is going to stretch their lead?
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high
- #ENGvIND - Kohli Heroics take India to Commanding Position on Day 2