As the second day of the fourth test between India and England held at Southampton ended with England at 6/0, trailing behind India by 21 runs, England began their second innings, losing Cook early, scalped by Bumrah, and sooner, Ishant Sharma dismissed Moeen Ali as well. Jennings and skipper Joe Root held firm for a while, as they did damage control after England was 33/2.
Jennings departed for 36(87), while Root was dismissed after scoring 48(88), run out, and Bairstow had a batting failure yet again in the series. However, Ben Stokes and Jos Butler delayed the Indian dominance by forging a stand, before Ashwin struck to dismiss Stokes 30(110).
Sam Curran provided support with a valuable unbeaten 37(67)*, while Butler top scored with 69(122), as England ended the day at 260/8, leading by 233 runs and with 2 wickets remaining. Shami had impressive figures of 3/53, while Ishant Sharma had scalped 2/36.
#PAKvIND - India Seal their Biggest Win Over Pakistan The third match of the Super four stage of Asia Cup, between India and Pakistan, began with Pakistan winning the toss and deciding to bat first. Opener Imam ul Haq and Babar Azam fell in quick succession as Pakistan was reeling at 2/55, but Fakhar Zaman 31(44) and skipper Sarfaraz Ahmad 44(66) tried to steady the team, before being dismissed by Kuldeep Yadav eventually.
- #INDvBAN - Rohit Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja makes it merry for India
- #INDvPAK #IndiavsPakistan - Rohit Sharma and men beat Pakistan comprehensively
- India beats Hong Kong by 22 runs in a Nail biter
- How far England is going to stretch their lead?
- Pujara promises to chase down any total
- Boxer Amit Panghal snatches a GOLD for India at Asian Games
- India takes honors on Day one of Fourth Test with England - Can Batsmen get a lead?
- #NeerajChopra who clinches Gold in Asian Games dedicate it to Vajpayee
- #ViratKohli dedicates Trent Bridge Victory to Kerala Flood Victims
- iNDIA just One Wicket Away from Historic Victory at Trent Bridge
- #KingKohli scores 23rd Century as India is smelling a Victory at Trent Bridge
- #IndvEng - India Pays Back England in Style as Hardik Pandya scalps his first fifer in Tests
- #INDvsENG - Kohli and Rahane help India to put a decent total on Day 1
- #ENGvIND - India's Winning Hopes rest on Virat Kohli as England end on a high
- #ENGvIND - Kohli Heroics take India to Commanding Position on Day 2