Leeds sources stated that West Indies cricketers paid glowing tributes to retiring Chris Gayle after he drew curtains on his World Cup career, saying world cricket will badly miss the big-hitting opener's aura when he hangs up his bat later this year. Meanwhile Gayle played the last match of his fifth and final World Cup against afghanistan here on Thursday. Presently the West Indies legend has decided to end his international career after playing the home series against india next month.
Furthermore wicket-keeper batsman Shai Hope said it will be a sad day for world cricket when Gayle finally calls time on his illustrious international career. Hope told reporters after West Indies beat afghanistan by 23 runs in their last outing at the World Cup in england and wales "Probably the whole world will miss him when he goes. It's going to be a sad day for cricket”.
When asked what he would miss most about Gayle, Hope, who was adjudged player of the match for his 92-ball 77, quipped "Probably sun glasses. There are too many things you can pick from Chris." Apparently Gayle has amassed 1186 runs at a strike-rate of 90.53 and an average of 35.93 in 34 innings across five World Cups. He also took 16 wickets with his part-time off-spin. Reportedly "I now really understand what Chris Gayle means, not only for West Indies cricket but for world cricket as well. Whenever he decides to call it quits, world cricket will definitely miss him so from me to Chris, congrats on a fantastic career and congrats on pushing the game of cricket in the way you have”.
Paytm retained sponsorship rights for BCCI's International & domestic matches According to sources one 97 Communications Pvt. Ltd, owners of Paytm, on Wednesday retained the sponsorship rights for BCCI's International and domestic matches with a winning bid of ₹3.80 crore per match. Meanwhile the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Wednesday
- Sreesanth eligible for selection in Indian cricket team from September 2020
- Kapil Dev announced Ravi Shastri as Head Coach of India cricket until T20
- Cricket most loved sport in India, cricketers also get their fair share of remuneration
- Indian batsman Rohit Sharma speaks few things openly now
- Who will be Team India's New Coach? Interview begins
- BREAKING: Former Indian opener VB Chandrasekhar passes away!
- Commonwealth Games to have Women's T20 by 2022
- Virat Kohli set to become highest run-scorer vs West Indies in ODI cricket
- Russian Referee deadliest stares of all time
- Sakshi's surprise to MS Dhoni after he returns home after August 15
- Shubman Gill became youngest Indian cricketer to score double hundred in first class cricket
- Has Rohit Sharma ended speculation on rift with Virat Kohli?
- Krunal Pandya's all round performance gifts India a win
- Anushka accompanied Virat to Miami for WI Series
- Who is Going to Be The Coach of Team India?