According to sources the Commonwealth Games Federation has on Tuesday announced that Birmingham 2022 is set to have the largest ever female and para sport program in history after women's T20 cricket, Beach volleyball and Para-Table tennis were confirmed for the next Commonwealth Games. Meanwhile this exciting announcement comes after the 71 Commonwealth Games Associations voted by the required majority to accept the proposal from Birmingham 2022 to add these three sports to the existing program.
Furthermore the addition of women's T20 cricket will see eight teams competing at Birmingham's iconic Edgbaston Stadium and hence this adds to a strong female sports program which, as it stands, will see two more women's medal events than men's at the Games, with 135 compared to 133. Currently there are seven mixed events, with the confirmed event program to be announced next year.
Moreover the addition of these sports means Birmingham 2022 is expected to surpass the previous Commonwealth Games record for women's medal events in Gold Coast 2018 by two. Perhaps with the inclusion of Para-Table tennis, the Games will have more para sports of the program at a Commonwealth Games than ever before, with eight para sports now confirmed for the multi-sport competition. International cricket Council Chief Executive, manu Sawhney said "This is a very significant moment for women's cricket and for the global cricket community, who were united in their support of this bid. Our partnership with the Commonwealth Games is a significant step forward in realizing our ambition for the women's game at Birmingham 2022 will be part of a truly memorable experience."
Kapil Dev announced Ravi Shastri as Head Coach of India cricket until T20 Reportedly Cricket Advisory Committee head Kapil Dev said on Friday that the 3 member panel appointed by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to select the new head of India cricket team did not consult Virat Kohli before beginning the process and the CAC reappointed Ravi Shastri as the head coach of Kohli led senior men's cricket team. Meanwhile the six candidates were shortlisted and 5 of them, including Ravi Shastri, gave interviews at the BCCI headquarters in Mumbai
- Cricket most loved sport in India, cricketers also get their fair share of remuneration
- Indian batsman Rohit Sharma speaks few things openly now
- Who will be Team India's New Coach? Interview begins
- BREAKING: Former Indian opener VB Chandrasekhar passes away!
- Commonwealth Games to have Women's T20 by 2022
- Virat Kohli set to become highest run-scorer vs West Indies in ODI cricket
- Russian Referee deadliest stares of all time
- Sakshi's surprise to MS Dhoni after he returns home after August 15
- Shubman Gill became youngest Indian cricketer to score double hundred in first class cricket
- Has Rohit Sharma ended speculation on rift with Virat Kohli?
- Krunal Pandya's all round performance gifts India a win
- Anushka accompanied Virat to Miami for WI Series
- Who is Going to Be The Coach of Team India?
- Prithvi Shaw Banned for Eight Months for Doping Violation
- Virat Kohli wants Ravi Shastri continue as head coach of Indian cricket team