Wipro Limited, a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company, today announced that it has become a member of the LoRa Alliance™, one of the fastest growing Internet of Things (IoT) alliances with over 400 members. This membership will help Wipro accelerate its Internet of Things (IoT) solution deployments, using Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) technology for customers across industry sectors such as energy, utilities, natural resources, smart cities, ports, and logistics.
The LoRa Alliance™ is an open, non-profit association, with a mission to standardize the deployment of LPWAN technology across the world to enable IoT, machine-to-machine (M2M), smart city, and industrial applications. It was formed in 2015 by technology industry leaders, including Cisco, Semtech, IBM, and telecommunications majors. The LoRa Alliance™ defines and drives the Long Range Wide Area Network (LoRaWAN™) technology. LoRaWAN™ is an LPWAN specification intended for wireless battery operated devices in a regional, national or global network.
Anita Ganti, Senior Vice-President and Global Head, Product Engineering Services, Wipro Limited
It provides seamless interoperability among smart devices without the need for complex local network installations, and empowers users, developers, and businesses, enabling the seamless rollout of IoT solutions. Anita Ganti, Senior Vice-President and Global Head, Product Engineering Services, Wipro Limited said, “We are delighted to join the LoRa Alliance™. This alliance will help Wipro to deploy IoT solutions using LoRaWAN™ technology. LoRaWAN™ and LPWAN play a critical role by creating both public and private networks, which are essential for successful IoT deployments.
The ease of installation of the LoRaWAN™ network, in licensed exempt spectrum, will help us in solving connected engineering challenges to ensure uninterrupted connectivity for our -customers across the globe”. Jayraj Nair, Vice-President and Global Head IoT, Wipro Limited said, “We support the mission to standardize Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWAN) being deployed around the world to enable Internet of Things (IoT), machine-to-machine (M2M), smart city, and industrial applications.
We are excited about LoRaWAN™ optimized power management, which will enable broad deployment of IoT solutions with smaller payloads.” “Wipro’s proven system integration capabilities can enable adoption of LoRaWAN™ technology for IoT. Wipro has already demonstrated its leadership in the adoption of LoRaWAN™ technology by enabling smart ports and mines in India,” said Geoff Mulligan, Chairman, LoRa Alliance™. “Joining the LoRa Alliance™ will help Wipro to generate value for IoT market participants by being part of our large ecosystem, enable them to get closer to their customers and introduce new connectivity—enabled services.”
Courtesy by www.businesswire.com
Explore Tata Motors Smart Mobility for Smart Cities at Autoexpo The Motor Show 2018 Explore Tata Motors’ Smart Mobility for Smart Cities at Autoexpo - The Motor Show 2018 Come February, Tata Motors is all geared up for the ‘14th Auto Expo — The Motor Show 2018’ with a fresh new appearance. The company will be demonstrating its capabilities and mobility solutions as the most powerful Indian OEM shaping India’s future of mobility. Visitors of the Auto Expo at India Expo Mart, Greater Noida will explore a world of ‘Smart Mobility, Smart Cities’ at the Tata Motors’ pavilion at Hall
- Amidst Increasing Pollution, Inverters and UPSs are Answer to Power Backup Woes
- Apex Heart Institute becomes the First and the Only Institute in the World, Outside USA, to Use a Vascular Robotic Technology to Perform a Coronary Angioplast
- Tata Motors Delights its Customers in 2018 with Industry First
- Kor Energy Bags Delhi Green Future Leadership Award 2017
- Planet Taps Antrix ISROs PSLV for Third Time to Launch Four Dove Satellites
- The Thin and Light Lenovo Ideapad 720s Shines at Digit Zero Awards
- myG Launches South India's Largest Digital Showroom
- Oriano Solar completes 40 MWac solar power plant for First Solar in India
- Videojet Launches New, Faster 3640 CO2 Laser Marking System to Meet Manufacturers' Speed Demands
- Zinnov Zones 2017 Report Infogain in Leadership Zone for Consumer Software & Execution Zone for Enterprise Software !
- Fotoclickers Introduces World-Class On-Demand Photography App for iOS & Android
- Wipro Partners with and Invests in Headspin to Deliver Next-Generation Mobility
- GolfLan Introduce Worlds First Made in India Cloud Based Smart Golf Solutions for Global
- NIIT Accredited by Learning and Performance Institute for the Second Consecutive Year
- ICT Academy and Autodesk Announce India Design Week 2017