As per a National Book Trust - NCAER survey in 2009, there were 83 million Indians (13-35 age group) reading books for leisure in 2009. Reading in Hindi, Marathi, Bengali & English primarily, 46% of the respondents chose “knowledge enhancement” as a reason for reading books. With the world’s youngest working population, Indians are increasingly seeking out knowledge as their ticket to prosperity in this knowledge economy. But the problem for this young generation is “In this knowledge economy, I need to KNOW MORE & YET, I lack the TIME to know more”
bookbhook.com - Book Summary and Micro-Learning Platform
bookbhook.com intends to solve this problem with its service promise of ‘know more without reading more’. As India’s first books based micro-learning service, bookbhook curates non-fiction books that are then converted into short book summaries which you can read on the bookbhook app in just a few minutes. Reading carries a strong cultural context. It is important to not only feature books in the Indian context, but also speak the language of the Indian book reader.
Gaurav Gupta asks “Why should a small entrepreneur from Aligarh not get access to concepts of entrepreneurship from the book ‘The Lean Startup’ by Eric Ries? There are three hurdles for this entrepreneur in a small Indian town - discoverability of the book, language of the book and the time commitment to read the book. Bookbhook.com removes all these barriers by thoughtfully curating books, converting the books into short ten minutes summaries and then converting these summaries into Hindi.”
Bookbhook, which is an Android and Apple store app has more than 32000 downloads and offers more than 50 book summaries on its app for free. It is currently building a pipeline of more than 200 books.
bookbhook.com from Marcus Aurelius Learning Solutions Pvt. Ltd. is founded by Gaurav Gupta. An IIM Ahmedabad alumnus, Gaurav has had 15 years corporate experience working with brands like Coca Cola, Citibank, Nokia & Tata Docomo. Bookbhook is currently in bootstrapping phase and is a part of the FbStart bootstrap track.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
Carrera 2018 Advertising Campaign #Driveyourstory with Ranveer Singh Carrera 2018 Advertising Campaign #Driveyourstory with Ranveer Singh Carrera, the global lifestyle brand, launches its new 2018 campaign, #DriveYourStory, with the brand ambassador, Ranveer Singh.Raw portraits, instead of perfect and polished pictures.No artificial lighting
- ATMA Reaches out to Women with Message of Tyre Safety
- Socomec to Showcase its New IoT-ready Metering, Switching & UPS Solutions at Elecrama 2018
- Empower Labs Launches Time Travel based Mobile AR Game Delta T in March 2018
- PTE Academic Test Takers for James Cook University, Brisbane, to get Scholarship
- Karix Mobile Gearing to Send a Message on World Stage Set to Participate in Mobile World Congress 2018 at Barcelona
- Connecting the Unconnect, The Biggest Challenge for WiFi
- Jivi Mobile Launches Cheapest 4g Volte Smart Phone in India at Effective Price of INR 699 Only
- Dyson UKs Leading Technology Company Launches its Latest Product Line up in India
- The Thin and Light Lenovo Ideapad 720s Shines at Digit Zero Awards
- Loyakk Announces the Worlds First Blockchain Powered Platform for Decentralized Business Networks
- 3rd Edition of Future Generation Optical Transport Networks Summit to Address Latest Trends in Optical Tech Deployment
- TOEIC Listening and Reading Test Updated to Reflect Evolving Use of English Language in the Global Workplace
- Increase in Import Duties on Medical Devices to Increase Healthcare Cost for Patients: MTaI
- Udyog Software Launches e-way Bill Application to Help Companies
- Free Online TOEFL® Course Available from Jan 24