India’s major telecom services provider, the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL), has of late emerged from its shabby past under the dynamic leadership of present CMD Anupam Shrivastava. As a testimony to his outstanding achievements the BSNL CMD was conferred the Wi-Fi Leader of the Year award and BSNL was felicitated the Best Wi-Fi Service Provider.
The day-long summit themed ‘My India-Wi-Fi India Summit & Awards 2017’ was organised by leading digital media organisation DigiAnalysys in New Delhi with the active support and cooperation from leading players in the telecom industry.
BSNL was awarded the Best Wi-Fi service provider in the country. The company has crossed the 10,000 hotspot mark in the current year. Awards were given in about 20 different categories that included Best Public Wi-Fi Project (RailTel and Google), Best Home Wi-Fi Service Provider (Bharti Airtel), Editor’s Choice Wi-Fi Catalyst Award (Reliance Jio), Editor’s Choice Wi-Fi Catalyst Award (Facebook), Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (South) - QuadGen Wireless, Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (West) - MTNL, Best Wi-Fi Innovation (Shouut) and others. FireFly Networks was given the Best Wi-Fi Startup award while Tata DoComo was given the Best Wi-Fi Roaming Provider and Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (North) award.
Earlier inaugurating the conference, South Delhi Municipal Corporation’ Mayor Kamaljeet Sehrawat while hailing the efforts of the organisers said, “Wi-Fi has now become a necessity of a common man’s life and innovative approaches should be adopted for its seamless spread along the width and length of the country”.
The summit spread along four sessions had discussions on a wide range of issues and subjects in the Wi-Fi sector in which industry veterans, experts and stakeholders participated. The panel discussion on themes like Connecting the Unconnected; Public Wi-Fi Business Models: Scalability, Sustainability and Interoperability; and Public Wi-Fi in Villages: Deployment, Innovation, Security and Applications were highlights of the summit in which ideas were shared and discussed by who’ who of telecom industry from various sectors.
On this occasion, a Wi-Fi Hotspot Report - 2017 was also unveiled. The report has been prepared by DigiAnalysys in association with Rethink— a technology research outfit. The report talks about Wi-Fi hotspot market to be 45,000 in India as on March 2017 and this is forecast to reach 550,000 by March 2020 due to BharatNet Village Hotspots, College hotspots, retail hotspots, PDO/PDOA hotspots and Bus hotspots.
My India Wi-Fi India Awards 2017
1. Best Wi-Fi Startup Vendor - i2e1
2. Best Make in India Wi-Fi Company - DIGISOL Systems
3. Best Cloud Wi-Fi Vendor - Mojo Networks
4. Best Home Wi-Fi Service Provider - Bharti Airtel
5. Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (North) - Tata Docomo
6. Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (South) - QuadGen Wireless Solutions
7. Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (East) - Indinet Services
8. Best Wi-Fi Service Provider (West) - MTNL
9. Best Wi-Fi Security Vendor - Cisco Systems
10. Best Wi-Fi Monetisation Provider - Kloudspot
11. Best Wi-Fi OSS/BSS Provider - Sterlite Tech
12. Best Wi-Fi Roaming Provider - Tata Docomo
13. Best IoT Product - D-Link
14. Best Wi-Fi Startup (Service Provider) - FireFly Networks
15. Best Wi-Fi Innovation - Shoot
16. Best Public Wi-Fi Project - RailTel
17. Best Public Wi-Fi Project - Google
18. Editor's Choice Wi-Fi Catalyst Award - Facebook
19. Editor's Choice Wi-Fi Catalyst Award - Reliance Jio
20. Best Wi-Fi Service Provider - BSNL
21. Wi-Fi Leader of The Year Award - Anupam Shrivastava, CMD, BSNL
DigiAnalysys is the only media globally focusing on digital transformation of enterprise, government and carrier. The focus is on digital and analysys for both India and global developments. DigiAnalysys will focus on network, devices, applications and content and how they are transforming industry verticals.
Digitization is creating disruption in industry verticals thanks to the innovation cycle which are measured in days and weeks, not months and years. For e.g. carriers are focusing on broadbanding its infrastructure so that consumers can consume digital services. For government, it helps in better connect with its citizens. Digitization enables businesses to operate more efficiently and also helps in opening new markets and customers.
DigiAnalysys caters to all stakeholders of the ICT sector such as policy makers, service providers, equipment vendors, device vendors and manufacturers, semicon players, OTT providers, enterprise users and others. DigiAnalysys is the online media portal of Sindhu Media Pvt. Ltd, headquartered out of New Delhi, India.
Karix Mobile Gearing to Send a Message on World Stage Set to Participate in Mobile World Congress 2018 at Barcelona Karix Mobile Gearing to Send a ‘Message’ on World Stage; Set to Participate in Mobile World Congress 2018 at Barcelona Karix Mobile Pvt. Ltd. (formerly known as mGage India), the world’s largest messaging solution and mobile engagement company, has announced its participation in the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2018 being organised by the GSMA (Groupe Spécial Mobile Association). The 2018 edition of MWC is being organized in Barcelona, Spain from 26th February - 1st March 2018
- Connecting the Unconnect, The Biggest Challenge for WiFi
- Jivi Mobile Launches Cheapest 4g Volte Smart Phone in India at Effective Price of INR 699 Only
- Dyson UKs Leading Technology Company Launches its Latest Product Line up in India
- The Thin and Light Lenovo Ideapad 720s Shines at Digit Zero Awards
- Loyakk Announces the Worlds First Blockchain Powered Platform for Decentralized Business Networks
- 3rd Edition of Future Generation Optical Transport Networks Summit to Address Latest Trends in Optical Tech Deployment
- TOEIC Listening and Reading Test Updated to Reflect Evolving Use of English Language in the Global Workplace
- Increase in Import Duties on Medical Devices to Increase Healthcare Cost for Patients: MTaI
- Udyog Software Launches e-way Bill Application to Help Companies
- Free Online TOEFL® Course Available from Jan 24
- Vakrangee Announces Excellent Q3 FY2017-18 Results
- IndiaOnline.in Launches their Most Exclusive and Unique Education Network Under the Name of India Education Network
- Explore Tata Motors Smart Mobility for Smart Cities at Autoexpo The Motor Show 2018
- Amidst Increasing Pollution, Inverters and UPSs are Answer to Power Backup Woes
- Apex Heart Institute becomes the First and the Only Institute in the World, Outside USA, to Use a Vascular Robotic Technology to Perform a Coronary Angioplast