On the occasion of International Women’s Day, tyre industry represented by Automotive Tyre Manufacturers Association (ATMA) reached out to women urging them to take care of the tyres for safety and comfort of their families on the roads.
“Without sounding stereotypical, women are synonymous with taking care of the families and are often the prime movers behind safety, health and happiness of the family members. Since tyres play such a critical role in safety and comfort, we thought of reaching out to women with a view to spread the message of tyre safety to entire families”, said Rajiv Budhraja, Director General ATMA.
Women, in particular, women motorists welcomed the initiative to create awareness and found the occasion to be most appropriate. Especially the response from young women drivers was highly encouraging. “What better way to celebrate Women’s Day than by sensitizing us to such softer aspects as safety”, said a woman motorist.
In a series of Tyre Safety campaigns over one year, more than 100 service engineers from ATMA member companies carried out safety checks covering over 22000 tyres across New Delhi, Chennai, Mysore, Chandigarh and Greater Noida. The survey found that over 60% of the cars do not have properly maintained tyre pressure which undermines safety and fuel efficiency.
ATMA members which have been participating in Tyre Safety campaigns include Apollo Tyres, Birla Tyres, Bridgestone India, CEAT, Continental India, Goodyear India, JK Tyre & Industries, Michelin, MRF, TVS Tyres and Yokohama.
ATMA is amongst the most active national industry bodies in the country representing Rs 55000 crore (US$8 bn) automotive tyre industry. Eleven large tyre companies comprising mix of Indian and International tyre majors and representing over 90% of production of tyres in India are members of the Association. ATMA members include Apollo Tyres, Birla Tyres, Bridgestone India, Ceat, Continental India, Goodyear India, JK Tyre & Industries, Michelin, MRF, TVS Tyres and Yokohama.
HyderabadOnline.in & Smart Urbanation 2018 Announce Tie-up to Promote Smart Cities in India HyderabadOnline.in & Smart Urbanation 2018 Announce Tie-up to Promote Smart Cities in India Hyderabad’s No.1 Digital Marketing Solutions company, www.HyderabadOnline.in has announced a tie-up with the “Smart Urbanation Conclave & Expo 2018” with an aim to promote Smart, Sustainable Cities with high quality living and high-quality jobs.
- India Power Corporation Limited
- Carrera 2018 Advertising Campaign #Driveyourstory with Ranveer Singh
- ATMA Reaches out to Women with Message of Tyre Safety
- Socomec to Showcase its New IoT-ready Metering, Switching & UPS Solutions at Elecrama 2018
- Empower Labs Launches Time Travel based Mobile AR Game Delta T in March 2018
- PTE Academic Test Takers for James Cook University, Brisbane, to get Scholarship
- Karix Mobile Gearing to Send a Message on World Stage Set to Participate in Mobile World Congress 2018 at Barcelona
- Connecting the Unconnect, The Biggest Challenge for WiFi
- Jivi Mobile Launches Cheapest 4g Volte Smart Phone in India at Effective Price of INR 699 Only
- Dyson UKs Leading Technology Company Launches its Latest Product Line up in India
- The Thin and Light Lenovo Ideapad 720s Shines at Digit Zero Awards
- Loyakk Announces the Worlds First Blockchain Powered Platform for Decentralized Business Networks
- 3rd Edition of Future Generation Optical Transport Networks Summit to Address Latest Trends in Optical Tech Deployment
- TOEIC Listening and Reading Test Updated to Reflect Evolving Use of English Language in the Global Workplace
- Increase in Import Duties on Medical Devices to Increase Healthcare Cost for Patients: MTaI