Accordingly Facebook Inc said it has removed more accounts from Iran, Russia, Macedonia and Kosovo, citing what it described as "coordinated inauthentic behavior." Meanwhile the social media platform said a total of 2,632 pages, groups, and accounts were removed from Facebook and Instagram for operations linked to the above mentioned countries. Facebook said 513 of those accounts were tied to Iran, while 1,907 were linked to Russia.
Meanwhile the accounts tied to Russia were largely removed for spam with a small portion of those engaging in coordinated inauthentic behavior, according to the statement. Reportedly Facebook also said the pages and accounts were removed for their behavior and not content.
Moreover the social media platform has recently been cracking down on such accounts in many countries after coming under fire in the last two years for its self-admitted sluggishness in developing tools to combat extremist content and propaganda operations and the company had also removed certain accounts tied to Iran earlier in January.
Google affiliate Sidewalk Labs big plans for its internet based smart city Accordingly that would include autonomous cars, innovative ways to collect rubbish and shared spaces for communities to come together in new ways. Sidewalk Labs, a sister company to Google, had acquired disused land in Toronto, Canada for this bold urban experiment, which it hoped would become a model for other cities around the world.
- LAFAYETTE -- LAGCOE announces the call for entries for the 2019 New Technology Showcase
- A vision long in the making by Google
- Sony teased its 5G prototype Smartphone at MWC 2019
- Artificial intelligence making education sector a better and smarter place
- Google launches speech recognition software for people with voice impairments
- WordPress.com Vs WordPress.org
- Samsung Postpones Pre-Orders of First Foldable Smart phones!
- 2019 iPhone models may adopt a new antenna technology
- Largest growth made by L&T Technology Services Q4
- Pre-booking begins for OnePlus 7 Pro!
- OPPO F11 Pro Marvel's Avengers Limited Edition makes a record
- WhatsApp bringing Cricket Stickers to its Android app version 2.19.115
- Samsung Galaxy Fold expected to be priced around Rs 1,40,790 in India
- Western Digital 1TB microSD card be available now
- Huawei Technologies first-quarter revenue jumped 39% to 179.7 billion yuan