Accordingly the Shenzhen-based firm, the world’s biggest telecoms equipment maker, also said its net profit margin was around 8 percent for the quarter, which it added was slightly higher than the same period last year. Huawei did not disclose its actual net profit. Meanwhile, the limited results announcement comes at a time when Washington has intensified a campaign against unlisted Huawei, alleging its equipment could be used for espionage and urging U.S. allies to ban it from building next-generation 5G mobile networks.
Furthermore, Huawei has repeatedly denied the allegations and launched an unprecedented media blitz by opening up its campus to journalists and making its typically low-key founder, Ren Zhengfei, available for media interviews.
Moreover the Chinese firm, which is also the world’s No. 3 smartphone maker, said last week the number of contracts it has won to provide 5G telecoms gear increased further despite the U.S. campaign. Apparently, Huawei also said on Monday it had shipped 59 million smartphones in the first quarter. It did not disclose year-ago comparable figures, but according to market research firm Strategy Analytics, Huawei shipped 39.3 million smartphones in the first quarter of 2018.
Google affiliate Sidewalk Labs big plans for its internet based smart city Accordingly that would include autonomous cars, innovative ways to collect rubbish and shared spaces for communities to come together in new ways. Sidewalk Labs, a sister company to Google, had acquired disused land in Toronto, Canada for this bold urban experiment, which it hoped would become a model for other cities around the world.
- LAFAYETTE -- LAGCOE announces the call for entries for the 2019 New Technology Showcase
- A vision long in the making by Google
- Sony teased its 5G prototype Smartphone at MWC 2019
- Artificial intelligence making education sector a better and smarter place
- Google launches speech recognition software for people with voice impairments
- WordPress.com Vs WordPress.org
- Samsung Postpones Pre-Orders of First Foldable Smart phones!
- 2019 iPhone models may adopt a new antenna technology
- Largest growth made by L&T Technology Services Q4
- Pre-booking begins for OnePlus 7 Pro!
- OPPO F11 Pro Marvel's Avengers Limited Edition makes a record
- WhatsApp bringing Cricket Stickers to its Android app version 2.19.115
- Samsung Galaxy Fold expected to be priced around Rs 1,40,790 in India
- Western Digital 1TB microSD card be available now
- Huawei Technologies first-quarter revenue jumped 39% to 179.7 billion yuan