Under the preview offer, the Jio GigaFiber broadband services are provided by the company without any cost, but to obtain the connection, user need to deposit a refundable security deposit of Rs 4,500. After the launch, the refundable security deposit is expected to stay. However, there are chances that the company might announce a revised refundable security deposit amount with different services and internet bandwidth as part of package.
Though there has been no confirmation about Jio GigaFiber data plans, Reliance is expected to price its home broadband service’ base package at around Rs 500 per month. It is, however, expected that the base plan would not offer claimed internet speed of up to 1Gbps, which would be part of company’s premium plans.
At the Jio GigaFiber announcement, the company stated that the broadband services would also support additional services, including Jio GigaTV, home automation and landline services. The GigaTV is Jio’s digital television content services. According to the company’s statement, the GigaTV set-top-box would offer internet-based digital content services, along with access to Jio’s app suite.
Apple will launch its OTT service from iPhone to iPad, iPod and iMac at Rs 99 a month The launch of the over-the-top (OTT) service by Apple Inc will pit it against American rivals Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, apart from other key players such as Hotstar, JioTV, AltBalaji and Voot. Most existing players have been investing heavily in India's nearly Rs 4,500-crore OTT market, which, according to audit firm PwC, could touch nearly Rs 12,000 crore in five years.
- Wipro Data Discovery Platform to offer insights driven applied AI & automation solutions
- What is attractive about Apple 7th Gen iPad and Apple TV
- Chandrayaan-2 mission "absolutely have no impact" on ISRO's ambitious manned mission Gaganyaan
- Oneplus TV set to launch in India : confirmed features, availability and more
- Basic subscription starts for JioFiber
- Stylish & #fullyloaded : Make way for the VIVO Z1X
- CamScanner Makes a comeback after google removed it for having malware
- Number of 5G subscribers in this country exceeded 2 million
- Airtel takes on Jio Fiber with a range of Airtel Xstream devices, apps & services
- Filter-Based kits Developed for TB Diagnosis, Drug-Resistance Testing
- Kerala Teen spotted bug in WhatsApp, featured in the Facebook Thanks List for 2019
- Hathway launched new unlimited broadband plan at Rs 399 per month
- Linking Aadhaar with Social Media is Counterproductive
- Security in latest iOS version of Apple
- Cisco to ramp up India customer base to 1,00,000 by 2021