Accordingly banking and finance, government and critical infrastructure were among the most targeted sectors in india by cyber criminals in 2018-19, according to tech major Cisco. Also, about 26 per cent of these overall attacks cost organizations in the country upwards of $5 million each.
"The hackers are persistent, and their campaigns are much targeted. We have found that sectors like banking and finance (20.1 per cent), government (19.6 per cent) and critical infrastructure (15.1 per cent) were among those that continue to face the highest threat of cyber attacks," Cisco india and SAARC Director (Security business) Vishak Raman told PTI. He added that cyber criminals are also increasingly targeting sectors like defense (15.1 per cent), IT, telecom and healthcare.
He said "They are using a host of mechanisms like point of sale attacks to target sectors like retail, hospitality, entertainment and e-commerce. Ransomware are used to attack public sector entities, transportation as well as banking and finance verticals". Raman cited an Asia-Pacific Security Capabilities Benchmark Study conducted by Cisco that found 21 per cent respondents saying cost of breach for them was between $5-9.9 million, while another 5 per cent said it was more than $10 million for them.
Apple's iPhone 11 series & Watch Series 5 now available for pre-booking Reportedly Ingram Micro, a China based distributor of IT products, said on Friday it will offer pre-bookings of Apple's newly launched iPhone 11 smart phones and Apple Watch from September 20 in India. Sales will start September 27 at online and offline stores.
- Leading player in the battle of Mobile payments is Google
- 5G version of chip available in India with upcoming line up of Huawei smart phones
- Samsung bringing its stunning displays to CEDIA this year
- Apple will launch its OTT service from iPhone to iPad, iPod and iMac at Rs 99 a month
- Wipro Data Discovery Platform to offer insights driven applied AI & automation solutions
- What is attractive about Apple 7th Gen iPad and Apple TV
- Chandrayaan-2 mission "absolutely have no impact" on ISRO's ambitious manned mission Gaganyaan
- Oneplus TV set to launch in India : confirmed features, availability and more
- Basic subscription starts for JioFiber
- Stylish & #fullyloaded : Make way for the VIVO Z1X
- CamScanner Makes a comeback after google removed it for having malware
- Number of 5G subscribers in this country exceeded 2 million
- Airtel takes on Jio Fiber with a range of Airtel Xstream devices, apps & services
- Filter-Based kits Developed for TB Diagnosis, Drug-Resistance Testing
- Kerala Teen spotted bug in WhatsApp, featured in the Facebook Thanks List for 2019