Be a kid or a teenage or an adult or an oldie, chicken lovers trend all over the world at all times! One meat that is a favourite of all beyond belief! When cooked, it can be presented in many guises. Sauté it, fry it, toss it, bake it, steam it – eat it the way you want to. Whatever its form may be upon being cooked, its flavour may change but its flesh remains high in protein, low in fat and can be digested easily.
For more recipes related to Gongura Chicken checkout Picnic Chicken, Sangameshwari Chicken, Barbeque Chicken, Malvani Chicken Sagoti . You can also find more Main Course Chicken recipes like Chilli Chilli Chicken, Kozhi Vartha Kozhambu, Puransingh Chicken Curry, Cantonese Chicken.
Prep Time : 6-10 minutes
Cook time : 21-25 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Gongura Chicken Recipe
Chicken on the bone cut into pieces 750 grams
Gongura leaves chopped 1 cup
Oil 2 tablespoons
Garlic minced 1 tablespoon
Green chillies finely chopped 2
Ginger-garlic paste 1 tablespoon
Onion finely chopped 1 medium
Poppy seeds (khuskhus/posto) 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan, add garlic and sauté for a minute. Add green chillies and gongura leaves and mix well. Sauté well.
Heat remaining oil in a non-stick kadai. Add ginger-garlic paste and sauté. Add onion and sauté for a minute.
Grind poppy seeds to a smooth paste with water as required.
Add cumin seeds and poppy seed paste to the onion and mix well. Add chicken and mix well.
Add salt, garam masala powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and mix well. Sprinkle some water, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
Add sautéed gongura leaves and mix well. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or till chicken is fully cooked.
TopTen Mutton Curries of India TopTen Mutton Curries of India Chops are easily one of the best cuts of mutton and when it is cooked in this spicy Punjabi style kadai masala it just gets better. Mutton chops slow cooked with onions, tomatoes and select spices till the meat slides off the bone. Simple tandoori rotis taste great with this.
- How to make Tariwali Egg Curry
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab
- Mutton Jalfrezi Recipe Card
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast
- Mixed Greens Salad with Orange and Poppy Seed Dres Recipe Card
- Chicken Coriander and Corn Soup Recipe Card
- 5 soups to brighten a rainy day
- How to make Agri Mutton
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab - Cheese mixed with chicken mince and masalas, wrapped around satay sticks and grilled
- 10 tips and tricks to upgrade your cheesecake game
- Strawberry Detox Water Recipe Card
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy !
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Thai Noodle Soup