How many times have we thought rice is a blessing? We use it for holy purposes but we also can pressure up a quick pulao or khichdi when hunger pangs are drumming away! This is one grain that is about 98% percent digestible. In India we are familiar with Basmati, Patna or brown rice but it is also available as Italian Rice and Glutinous Rice which is popular in Chinese and Japanese cuisines.
Prep Time : 16-20 minutes
Cook time : 16-20 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Thai Rice Bowl Recipe
Cooked rice 3 cups
Thai red curry paste 2 tablespoons
Boneless chicken cut into 2 inch strips 250 grams
Light soy sauce 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Garlic chopped 1 tablespoon
Oil 3 tablespoons
Fresh red chilli finely chopped 1
Onion finely chopped 1 medium
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Coconut milk ¾-1 cup
Fresh coriander sprigs for garnishing
Take chicken in a bowl. Add 1 tablespoon red curry paste, soy sauce, salt and ½ tablespoon garlic and mix well. Set aside to marinate.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add remaining garlic and sauté for 30 seconds. Add ½ of red chilli and onion, mix and sauté till onion turns translucent.
Add rice and toss. Add salt and toss again. Add crushed peppercorns and mix.
4. To prepare curry, heat 1 tablespoon oil in another non-stick pan. Add remaining red chilli and sauté for 30 seconds. Add remaining red curry paste and sauté for 1 minute. Add coconut milk gradually, mix and cook for 1 minute. Add salt, mix and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Skewer each marinated chicken strips onto satay sticks.
Heat remaining oil in a third non-stick pan. Place the chicken skewers in it and cook, rotating the sticks,till fully done and golden from all sides.
Transfer rice mixture into a serving bowl. Place skewers over it and pour the curry on top.Serve hot garnished with a coriander sprig.
How to make Tariwali Egg Curry How to make Tariwali Egg Curry You should always stack your fridge with at least a dozen of them. Why? Handiest food to have around! Kids are hungry? Make some egg sandwiches. Guests come in, make an egg curry or egg biryani. You are hungry? Poach an egg and have it topped with stir fried veggies – perfect protein source for the body! Check the freshness – keep a raw egg in a bowl of water. Fresh eggs will stay at the bottom while stale eggs stand on end or float.
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab
- Mutton Jalfrezi Recipe Card
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast
- Mixed Greens Salad with Orange and Poppy Seed Dres Recipe Card
- TopTen Mutton Curries of India
- Chicken Coriander and Corn Soup Recipe Card
- 5 soups to brighten a rainy day
- How to make Agri Mutton
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab - Cheese mixed with chicken mince and masalas, wrapped around satay sticks and grilled
- 10 tips and tricks to upgrade your cheesecake game
- Strawberry Detox Water Recipe Card
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy !
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Thai Noodle Soup