Also called by names like aubergine and eggplant, this purple hued fleshy vegetable is a versatile thing and fun to cook with. Dish-up a very traditional bharta with it, bake a lasagna with parmesan and eggplant or just fry it for a great accompaniment with dal-chawal, brinjal is versatile. To choose one without seeds, pick the lighter one with a smooth shiny skin.
Prep Time : 6-10 minutes
Cook time : 16-20 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Easy
Taste : Spicy
Ingredients for Andhra Brinjal Pachadi Recipe
Brinjals 5-6 small
Oil 1 tablespoon
Mustard seeds ½ teaspoon
Black grams split skinless ¼ teaspoon
Curry leaves 8-10
Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Bengal gram (chana) split 1 teaspoon
Black grams split skinless ½ teaspoon
Coriander seeds ½ teaspoon
Dried red chillies 2-3
Oil ½ teaspoon
Rub ½ teaspoon oil on the brinjals and thread them on a metal skewer.
Roast over direct heat till their skin is completely charred and the brinjals are cooked. Transfer into a bowl, cover and set aside to cool.
To make spice powder, heat oil in a small non-stick pan. Add split Bengal gram, split black gram, coriander seeds and red chillies and sauté till light golden and fragrant. Remove from heat, cool and grind to a coarse powder.
Peel the roasted brinjals and cut into small cubes.
Heat remaining oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add split black gram and sauté till golden.
Add curry leaves and brinjals, and sauté for 1 minute. Add spice powder and sauté for 1 minute.
Add lemon juice and salt, mix well and remove from heat.
How to make Tariwali Egg Curry How to make Tariwali Egg Curry You should always stack your fridge with at least a dozen of them. Why? Handiest food to have around! Kids are hungry? Make some egg sandwiches. Guests come in, make an egg curry or egg biryani. You are hungry? Poach an egg and have it topped with stir fried veggies – perfect protein source for the body! Check the freshness – keep a raw egg in a bowl of water. Fresh eggs will stay at the bottom while stale eggs stand on end or float.
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab
- Mutton Jalfrezi Recipe Card
- How to make Mutton Ghee Roast
- Mixed Greens Salad with Orange and Poppy Seed Dres Recipe Card
- TopTen Mutton Curries of India
- Chicken Coriander and Corn Soup Recipe Card
- 5 soups to brighten a rainy day
- How to make Agri Mutton
- Recipe for Little Ones
- How to make Cheesy Seekh Kabab - Cheese mixed with chicken mince and masalas, wrapped around satay sticks and grilled
- 10 tips and tricks to upgrade your cheesecake game
- Strawberry Detox Water Recipe Card
- How to make Butter Chicken Biryani Rich andYummy !
- How to make Dry Chilli Chicken
- How to make Thai Noodle Soup